Roommate neglects their cat, what can I do?

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of other forums I go to - maddening!
Maddening - With all due, My initial reply to her was solely about trying to find out what bothered her most, to which she never replied. There’s a lot going on there and frankly none of us had enough information to advise her

My observation is that people will come here to vent and then disappear. I disagree with your premise that she would have replied had we not discussed the kill-nokill shelter issue or that it wasn’t relevant to her question. Why? Because as I said, it’s more difficult, if not impossible, to place some cats at a quote-unquote “no-kill” shelter. My push-back was to make sure that she didn’t reject a regular shelter based upon misinformation that surrendering your cat to one is an automatic death sentence.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I think that is what some people need to do. It's good that they have a safe place to share their feelings and situations. ✌
We also don't know for sure that the OP will never come back.

I think that we should all reserve the "disappear" language for threads that were started more than just 7 days ago. This thread is only a week old, everyone.