Roommate Has Cat Allergy

kittykittykittykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So up until recently, my first cat is doing great and everything. But in the past week or two, he keeps trying to get into my roommate's room. My roommate is allergic to cats (fortunately its not severe) My cat will sit outside his door clawing at the bottom or on the door and meowing loudly when my roommate's in there. I pick him up and put him in my room but he will meow at my door for a while, he eventually stops after 5 minutes or so. But when I go outside my room he runs to my roommate's door and continues meowing and scratching his door. Even if I play with him for a while he still does this. On the one hand I want him freedom in the kitchen/living room but on the other hand I dont want him meowing scratching his door. Anyone have any ideas how this can be stopped? Thanks

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If everyone ignores him, he will eventually learn he can't go in there no matter how many 'tantrums' he has. I would put sticky tape on the base of your roommates door.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
danteshuman danteshuman beat me to it! It will take a little time of totally ignoring the behavior (and explain this to your roommate), but he'll give it up if there is no payoff to him. And the sticky tape idea is genius.