Rolling or sleeping on the clean spot

mikehong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if any of your cats do the same thing...

Our three cats are long hair cats. From time to time they'll have a poop stuck to their bum fur when they leave the litter box and it'll drop off somewhere on the floor. Sometimes someone steps on it -usually me - and I clean the area with Noc-Out. Sometime later my Himalayan will wander by and start sniffing the same area. She then plops down and proceeds to roll around in the cleaned spot as if there was catnip there, occasionally stopping to sniff. After a few minutes she goes away and finds a place to nap.

If it happens on the second floor, which is carpeted for now, she'll wait until the spot is dry and then lay on it and go to sleep.... Even if it's right in front of the litter box and one of the brothers wants to use it

Is the Noc-Out not only cleaning out the poopy smells, but any cat scents that are on the floor too? If so, is this her way of putter her scent back in that spot?

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure why they do it but my cat Seti will do that with bleach, wet dish clothes (if he can get to them) and today I tossed the furry cover for the toilet lid into the laundry only to find him with it rolling around on it. I think he just likes the smell. He reacts very strongly to cat nip, more so than with the other things I mentioned. Does your cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikehong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I assume you mean you threw the toilette lid cover onto the laundry room floor and Seti didn't actually climb into the machine, right?

...though I wouldn't be surprised if a cat actually did that

Catnip doesn't excite Girlie. The boys love it, whether it's the actual dried leaves or the liquid from a spray bottle. She'll see me putting it out and come to see what's going on but that's it. Takes a few sniffs and leaves.

She does like that Cat Attract additive stuff for litter boxes though. We tried it once and she hopped into the box and just sat there for over an hour. After a while the boys were lined up waiting to use the box.... Dum dums didn't think of trying one of the other two boxes that not only look the same, but have the same stuff in them!

btw, just curious about Seti's name... Named after the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence program, or something else?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MikeHong

Just wondering if any of your cats do the same thing...

Our three cats are long hair cats. From time to time they'll have a poop stuck to their bum fur when they leave the litter box and it'll drop off somewhere on the floor. Sometimes someone steps on it -usually me - and I clean the area with Noc-Out. Sometime later my Himalayan will wander by and start sniffing the same area. She then plops down and proceeds to roll around in the cleaned spot as if there was catnip there, occasionally stopping to sniff. After a few minutes she goes away and finds a place to nap.

If it happens on the second floor, which is carpeted for now, she'll wait until the spot is dry and then lay on it and go to sleep.... Even if it's right in front of the litter box and one of the brothers wants to use it

Is the Noc-Out not only cleaning out the poopy smells, but any cat scents that are on the floor too? If so, is this her way of putter her scent back in that spot?
Sounds like she is Top Cat and wants to make sure her scent is put back over any strange scents such as cleaners.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MikeHong

I assume you mean you threw the toilette lid cover onto the laundry room floor and Seti didn't actually climb into the machine, right?

...though I wouldn't be surprised if a cat actually did that

Catnip doesn't excite Girlie. The boys love it, whether it's the actual dried leaves or the liquid from a spray bottle. She'll see me putting it out and come to see what's going on but that's it. Takes a few sniffs and leaves.

She does like that Cat Attract additive stuff for litter boxes though. We tried it once and she hopped into the box and just sat there for over an hour. After a while the boys were lined up waiting to use the box.... Dum dums didn't think of trying one of the other two boxes that not only look the same, but have the same stuff in them!

btw, just curious about Seti's name... Named after the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence program, or something else?
Mazy cat is not Top Cat but she is The Litter Box Police. On dump and scrub day, she hurries down and rolls in all the fresh clean litter boxes after I put them down.