Rivel pees outside litterbox after spay :(

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She never does this before. She peed twice on the floor today, after coming home from her surgery. I made her stay 3 days in the clinic so vet can monitor her recovery.

I think i made a mistake of bringing her litterbox with her during the stay, now she probably associate it with the vet -_-

Problem is i have TWO litterboxes, and i brought the other one for my living room inside my room, she still peed on the floor.

Any ideas?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you get her checked for a UTI? Stress can cause UTIs or inflammation in the bladder which is painful when she pees so she associates the litter box with pain. Being at the vet is stressful let alone a surgery and car rides to and from. For the litter box that went to the vet, dump it and clean it with bleach or vinegar to get rid of the vet smell and then get cat attract litter as well.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with everything said above. Particularly with the Cat Attract litter. I've had to resort to that and it really works. But getting rid of the Vet Smell on her box is a must too.

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she only had surgery a couple days ago try and keep her in one room with two litter boxes and keep them super clean whilst she recovers. Just like Humans cats can be groggy from anaesthetic for a few days, once she does go you can always leave them a little used and place them back where they should be to remind her to "go here". If you truly think that litter box is associated with the vet, preventing her from going, throw it out and get a different colour / different size one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She used it this morning, so it was pretty temporary after groggy for being away for a long time i guess.

She had diarrhea now tho.