Rivel got new little sister, her name is Silver

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Continuing from this thread:

I want to formally introduce new member in the family to this community. Meet silver!
IMG_20201209_171620.jpg

20201209_093303.jpg

Day 1:
Rivel is on her usual spot sleeping on the couch, i am just watching Netflix all day

Silver is in my room, also sleeping. She eats but hasn't use the litterbox, and probably doesn't know how yet. I am gonna keep an eye on her. Her appetite is much much better than before. She doesn't want to eat wet food yet, but i will worry about that later. Now i must get then get along without rivel hissing and growling at her.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How beautiful, welcome Silver!
Oh, they will get along, there will be squabbles and fights but everything will settle down in a few months. They will have each other for entertainment and company. Hisses, growls, screaming, and swats are all normal, just so there isn't blood drawn. Rival will be very agitated for a while, will get distracted enough to avoiding your pets, etc., and may even growl at you, so give her distance if she doesn't want it, and time, she will come around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How beautiful, welcome Silver!
Oh, they will get along, there will be squabbles and fights but everything will settle down in a few months. They will have each other for entertainment and company. Hisses, growls, screaming, and swats are all normal, just so there isn't blood drawn. Rival will be very agitated for a while, will get distracted enough to avoiding your pets, etc., and may even growl at you, so give her distance if she doesn't want it, and time, she will come around.
Yeah, my biggest worry is rivel getting uncomfortable because she's a very sensitive cat. Maybe i am just overprotective since she's my first baby, but yeah, basically as long claws aren't out and they are eating and using litterbox normally its fine right?

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well they went like this without hissing to each other.

Silver cried loudly if i completely close the door, so i keep it open slightly ajar. She's more flexible than i thought so she got out, started exploring and tada! No hissing. Little one is just exploring, and rivel watches.
IMG_20201209_210349.jpg

Maybe we will play cyberpunk 2077 together in the living room by this weekend.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her name may be Silver...but she is a "Black Beauty". I do love black cats!
I named her silver because of a white spot on her chest. Can't take good pics because i have to flip her aside and she doesn't like that haha

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything looks good! MUCH better then my introductions went, there was fur flying and bloody scratches a year later! They got along great for years after though.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well rivel won't finish her dinner because the noises silver made annoyed her during feeding. She usually licks her plate clean :(

She's also not want to spend time with me and sleep in the kitchen instead.

Also i am having trouble litter training silver. She pooped and peed on the floor, then peed again on the floor in the corner of my room. One trick i used with little Sniper was taking a a used paper sheet, absorb, little pee and put it in the litterbox so it smelled like pee, but doesn't work so far. She also doesn't like being in the litterbox, just bolt when i try to introduce her to it.

I am using pine pellet litter and i really want to make her use the same type of litter as rivel.