Ritz, kind of: what to tell vet today (urgent)

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm taking Ritz to the vets today because she is showing symptoms of a UTI/crystal. She had loose, smelly stools last night, I think because I gave her too much kidney. As of 7:30 a.m. this morning, she hadn't urinated for at least 18 hours. And she was visiting the litter box, but not squatting. Just visiting. She wasn't interested in the commercial raw (semi-normal) or the chicken heart (not normal), but she did eat 1 oz raw chicken. This is a cat who loves to eat.
She more or less ate normally last night and played normally. She is now getting around five (was six) ounces of raw/commercial raw a day. (Was nine ounces of Fancy Feast seafood a month ago. Progress, not perfection.)
As you may remember, she tested positive for crystals around October 7th (pH 7). I think it was a false positive, so I decided to give her half the doseage the vet recommended.
She had a bona-fide UTI in June 2011 (stress-induced).
The vet she normally sees is out until Wednesday, so Ritz will be seeing a "relief vet"; I welcome second opinions. What do I tell him if he prescribes a special canned food and doesn't know/accept that raw diets are, in fact, recommended for UTIs/crystals. (If he suggests dry, I will try not to laugh in his face or get frustrated.)
Like Ritz cowers when she sees sudden movement, I cower when talking to "authority figures". Good vibes, welcome. Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. If nothing else, I'll leave the article with him to read later. As long as he is open to learning, I welcome questions.