RIP Oreo

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to put our rabbit Oreo down this morning. She was at least 9 years old. When I went to check her last night. She was dragging her back legs. My vet is closed for a month, for renovations. I was able to take her to the vet for farm animals this morning. The vet said there was nothing they could do to help her. Oreo was my autistic son William's rabbit.I am not sure how he will deal with this.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
RIP, Oreo,

A friend's daughter recently lost her rabbit in similar circumstances, and the vet said it was encephalitis. I hope William doesn't have a really hard time coming to terms with her loss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet never told me what she thought it was, but I never really asked either. I just asked if it was something they could treat. She said no, it would be best to end her suffering. William just nodded his head. I am not sure his brain can process what has happened.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Marianne, I'm sorry 
. I missed this thread until now. I had a bunny for 3 years (about 10 years ago) and I know how attached you can get to them. RIP sweet Oreo, you can hop, play and eat as many carrots as you want at RB. How is William dealing with it now that a few days have passed?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry to read that your little Oreo has gone to the Bridge.

I think nine years is a long time for a bunny.  Must have had wonderful care and love.

I hope your son is doing well.  It is so hard to loose our little friends.