Ringworm

amyjendryka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 3 cats that show no signs of ringworm. My daughter, grandson and myself all have ringworm. Does anyone know how I would go about treating the cats for ringworm if they have no signs of it? I did have a dog that had a lot of red welt type marks on his stomach and legs a little over a week ago after he escaped the yard for a few hours. He has been re-homed because he doesn`t get along with my grandson. I have been cleaning the house, vacuuming, washing clothes & bedding. I have thrown out his bedding and disinfected his crate, etc. Up until yesterday, I was getting new sores almost everyday. My daughter & grandson have only a couple. If anyone has any advice, I would surely appreciate it. Thanks

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, it sounds like you caught it from the dog that was rehomed. Ringworm actually isn't a worm, its a fungus. Its treated with medicated shampoos, ointments and dips. I know that it spreads in enviroments fast,  the cats may need to be kept in an easily disinfected area and all their bedding needs to be washed in hot soapy water. I think as long as they don't have any symptoms then keeping everything extra clean and watching them carefully should do it. Be careful that you do not give it to the cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyjendryka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I`m thinking we did get it from the dog. I have been washing the bedding that they use. I don`t really have a place to keep the cats separate from us.

we have been handling them as little as possible. I just hope we can get this under control quickly and get on with our lives. It`s so disgusting. thanks for your help :)

detmut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Orleans area (Metairie), Louisiana, United Sta

I have 3 cats that show no signs of ringworm. My daughter, grandson and myself all have ringworm. Does anyone know how I would go about treating the cats for ringworm if they have no signs of it? I did have a dog that had a lot of red welt type marks on his stomach and legs a little over a week ago after he escaped the yard for a few hours. He has been re-homed because he doesn`t get along with my grandson. I have been cleaning the house, vacuuming, washing clothes & bedding. I have thrown out his bedding and disinfected his crate, etc. Up until yesterday, I was getting new sores almost everyday. My daughter & grandson have only a couple. If anyone has any advice, I would surely appreciate it. Thanks
what are you using on yourself, daughter, grandson?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyjendryka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are using Tea Tree, lavender and thyme essential oils, along with colloidal silver, and washing with Defense soap, using coconut oil as body lotion.

All of our sores are healing. I`m concerned because I kept getting more break outs while medicating.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had an outbreak of ringworm a few years ago, it did not disappear completely on me or the cats till we all had oral treatment from the doctor and the vet. Good luck, it is horrible, I know.