ringworm please help!!

kittypurr25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok i have a problem with the ringworm treatment....i was told to wash twice a week but one of the kittens has ringworm around one of their eyes and im scared of getting the wash in the eye. Also one has it right next to its mouth....and i was told i could use a topical ointment over the counter on them and i get scared that they will lick this and ingest it.......what to do??? the vet said if this didnt cure the ringworm then they would dip them in something but it smells really bad and she wanted to avoid that....i really dont care about the smell at this point, im just trying to get rid of this ringworm the safest and fastest way poss....i do wash my hands after handling them and i hope that the spores dont some how leave the room that they are all in because i also have a two yr old and an older dog.......any suggestions????

bindi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
pore u thing im not sher what to do but wud do the dip! who cars if thay smell funny for a littll it well wer of neway . hope the get beter sone ! kitty kiss from bidi!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittypurr25

ok i have a problem with the ringworm treatment....i was told to wash twice a week but one of the kittens has ringworm around one of their eyes and im scared of getting the wash in the eye. Also one has it right next to its mouth....and i was told i could use a topical ointment over the counter on them and i get scared that they will lick this and ingest it.......what to do??? the vet said if this didnt cure the ringworm then they would dip them in something but it smells really bad and she wanted to avoid that....i really dont care about the smell at this point, im just trying to get rid of this ringworm the safest and fastest way poss....i do wash my hands after handling them and i hope that the spores dont some how leave the room that they are all in because i also have a two yr old and an older dog.......any suggestions????
Did you contact your vet about the concern about getting the wash too close to the eye??

Katie