Ringworm in kittens

Srwheeler

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We adopted two new kittens oct 22nd. Of course one of them happened to have ringworm. Didn’t get it diagnosed till oct 31st. We have been treating him with intrafungal oral medication and anti fungal shampoo. He only had two lesions. As of today they’re all gone and his hair has grown back. We’re going to continue to keep bathing him and giving him the oral medication at least for another month, just to be safe. Vet recommends because it may come back. My question is, should I keep treating him as he’s contagious? Can I put all of my furniture back in my house (it’s in the garage. Less stuff to clean every day is best) and can I open all of our bedroom doors back up and let the cat roam free? Or should I keep the house as is for another couple weeks- month. Again, he has no lesions present. Any information would be appreciated.
DCD43587-5179-42B1-8608-8F4A1B179CDA.jpeg

back in october^^^^^

484A0BB4-4B07-42C8-A4E4-E745FF4E7AA2.jpeg

him now as of 12/7^^^
Just a little scratch on his upper lip confirmed by vet today. But all hair has grown back. No signs of lesions

Last edited by a moderator:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as I know, your cat will remain contagious to others up to around 3 weeks from the day you have started the treatments. Better to ask your vet if the coast is clear, just to make sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Srwheeler

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As far as I know, your cat will remain contagious to others up to around 3 weeks from the day you have started the treatments. Better to ask your vet if the coast is clear, just to make sure.
thank you! I appreciate the feedback. He’s on week 5 of treatment. No signs of any lesions.