Riley is being bad!

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our 14 yo, Riley is being a complete PITA. He is normally a very demanding little guy but the past couple of days he has taken it to a whole 'nother level. 

I woke up this morning to him laying in my arm, which is where he was when I went to bed so needless to say, my arm was asleep so I moved it. Good grief, you would have thought I was killing him, he nipped my hand, I had to put it under the cover to get him to leave it alone. Then, he fussed at me for the next 30 minutes. He has fussed my DH ALL day, will not leave him alone. He's been brushed, been offered wet food multiple times and given numerous treats but he is still crying at us, knocking stuff off counters and being generally grumpy. 

He's had bloodwork, all normal. I'm concerned he might be constipated again which would be another enema. 

Its driving us nuts though. He is currently sitting next to my DH who is playing on the computer, fussing him nonstop. He gets right next to your ear and goes 'mouw' two second pause then ''mouw", two second pause 'mouw'. And on and on and on. Nonstop. It's maddening 

Love this kitty but he can be a PITA when he wants to be. Taking the old cat in on Thursday for a blood draw so I guess I'll take Riley in so they can see if he's constipated. 

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our 14 yo, Riley is being a complete PITA. He is normally a very demanding little guy but the past couple of days he has taken it to a whole 'nother level. 

I woke up this morning to him laying in my arm, which is where he was when I went to bed so needless to say, my arm was asleep so I moved it. Good grief, you would have thought I was killing him, he nipped my hand, I had to put it under the cover to get him to leave it alone. Then, he fussed at me for the next 30 minutes. He has fussed my DH ALL day, will not leave him alone. He's been brushed, been offered wet food multiple times and given numerous treats but he is still crying at us, knocking stuff off counters and being generally grumpy. 

He's had bloodwork, all normal. I'm concerned he might be constipated again which would be another enema. 

Its driving us nuts though. He is currently sitting next to my DH who is playing on the computer, fussing him nonstop. He gets right next to your ear and goes 'mouw' two second pause then ''mouw", two second pause 'mouw'. And on and on and on. Nonstop. It's maddening 

Love this kitty but he can be a PITA when he wants to be. Taking the old cat in on Thursday for a blood draw so I guess I'll take Riley in so they can see if he's constipated. 
Well.... have you seen him straining on the littebox? is he crying when he poops? My Bugsy is pretty constipated now.... And I can see him straining - he actually makes sounds..... when he was worst he would cry before jumping into the box.... then strain strain and nothing would come out - is he doing any of that?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you said his bloodwork came back OK, but was he specifically tested for hyperthyroid? That can make him noisy and restless. But some kitties are just naturally pesty! :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are trying to catch him in the box but the last time he was constipated I found tiny little, hard turds and I haven't found any of those. I'm keeping my eye on him.

And yes, we had his thyroid checked in October and it was the high side of normal so when he began acting out in January, we had it rechecked and it was actually no longer on the high side of normal so that appears good.

Honestly, I think he's just in a mood. I'll get him checked again on Thursday, just in case.