Richard & Molly

sam12

Sam
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys so I wanted to make a thread for Richard and Mollies adventures!
So Molly is a 14 year old desexed ragdoll who is super nervous and anxious.
Richard is a 4 month old kitten who is no desexed yet but soon to be.
I've just moved house and Richard is adjusted and molly is in hiding.

I got treats for molly today which she loves and I've been encouraging her to sit in more open spots like under a table (right now she hides behind the couch) Her conjunctivitis has seemed to cleared up and she comes out and walks around the house even when people are around now!

Richard got his first round of shots last Wednesday! He also went on walk at a local park and loved the bush turkeys! He's super used to his harness but no so yet used to walking on a leash and usually throw himself on the ground and prefers to get dragged unless on gravel haha (unless its my boyfriend walking him cause he goes fast and Richard has to run behind him hahaha) And Richard loves car rides due to the amount of late night hungry jacks runs I take him on!
Thanks!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sam12

Sam
Young Cat
Purraise

Molly in her more open sitting spot :)
(sorry for the mess) (molly takes her biscuits out of the bowl to eat them)

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Molly is beautiful and Richard is absolutely adorable! One of my cats does the same thing as Molly does when he eats lol.

sam12

Sam
Young Cat
Purraise

Richard has finally settled down enough that he doesn't have to sleep in his carrier at night (he kept breaking things and chewing cables when i couldn't watch him) He's getting so big! took him on a walk today at a local park and I had a really nice lady ask to pet him and another lady tell me that it was cruel of me to take him walking which peeved me a little because Richard seems to enjoy the trips out and seeing the birds (i never let him near them). He even walks and runs along side me now so I think its okay to disregard her opinion? I don't know? Thoughts?

sam12

Sam
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys a little update for you guys!
I got Richard desexed 2 weeks ago and he's stopped spazzing out during the night and keeping everyone up!
Molly is still her old mopey self but she come out when theres people around which is good!
I'm saving up to get a feliway diffuser to see if that helps!

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's great! I have some extremely nervous cats myself and I try to slowly introduce them to strange people or people that they are afraid of. I know just having my brother hold Mittens a few times a week has made him so much more comfortable in the house. He used to spend all of his indoor time in my room but since my brother has started holding him he comes downstairs and will lay on the rugs.

sam12

Sam
Young Cat
Purraise

So Richard and molly have fleas :( I've treated them with some flea drops and its been about 3 days and while there seems to be a reduction of fleas they still are scratching :(
But in good news! I brought Richard some presents the other day including a collar and a bow tie which he looks soooo cute in!!!

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh fleas are such a pain in the neck! Mine had them not that long ago and it was a job getting rid of them.
Richard is soooo adorable. I love the collar and bow tie!