Revolution/vomiting

MajorTomCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Goid evening, I just wanted to ask experiences with Revolution and vomiting. I have a scarf and barf kitty, but he’ll go long periods without vomiting. However, when we apply his Revolution it seems like the scarf and barf comes back right away. He isn’t regurgitating, he actually gags and pukes. Nothing is digested and it’s not the cylindrical shape of regurgitation. I’m wondering if maybe he isn’t actually a scarf and barfer, but it’s a reaction to the Revolution. Any experiences like this?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Charlie is an indoor-only cat, but the one time I put flea meds on him (after he caught a mouse that had come inside, per the vet’s recommendation), he had the same reaction. I used Advantage instead of Revolution, but I believe they’re similar products.

I panicked and called the vet. The vet’s theory was that Charlie had gotten some of the Advantage on his feet when scratching the back of his neck, and then he ingested some while grooming. They recommended washing off his feet, and monitoring him to make sure that it didn’t get worse.

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep!
thumbsup.gif
We just went through this with our Andy (the Miracle Kitten! & International Viral Sensation!) who had a Revolution treatment last month and promptly went though a bout of unexplained vomiting followed by a week of unexplained Diarrhea. There was no other changes in Andy's routine (e.g. diet, habitat, illnesses, bedding, etc.) , so we figured it had to be the Revolution. Andy had b=never vomited before and has never had diarrhea...But the vet said "no chance." We say "nuh-uh vet!"...it had to have been the Revolution!

thomasdorfman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been suspicious about the Revolution also... then read these threads. I gave it to Gizzy and then she started vomiting (BUCKETS of clear fluid) again. She's been eating well, and looks happy and healthy except for the once a day vomit. It's been two mornings in a row now, after application. Now I'm going to be more alert to this possibility.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used Revolution successfully with no side effects for years. However, I have one kitty who reacts to it. She doesn't vomit or get diarrhea, but she has a neurological reaction. We try not to use any kind of flea treatment on our kitties, but sometimes we have to.