Revolution Reaction

trisha422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little girl has had revolution several times before with no problem, but she got a reaction this time.
I put it on 2 days ago and it looks it's worst today.
It's slightly red and dry/scaley to the touch, but not swollen, inflamed, or moist.
It doesn't seem to bother her too much, although she does try to lick it occasionally.
My question is: is this a minor reaction that I shouldn't worry about too much and should continue to use revolution monthly?
I'm in North Texas and the fleas are relentless here!! Frontline stopped working completely a couple of years ago.
Also, is there anything topical I can put on incase my baby girl is feeling discomfort? Maybe Neosporin?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trisha422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did the fur just fall out after the Revolution? That's very odd
Yes. The next day she started losing hair. I read online that it is common, but I don't know if the amount she has lost is common.

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's not something I'm familiar with but that's not to say it's not common. I recently had Revolution completely stop working for my cats after years of using it. I've always preferred it over other flea meds because it takes care of so many other parasites too. We had to switch to Advantage last week because we got a full fledged flea infestation while using Revolution. My groomer thinks they just got immune to it. Who knows. Have you asked your vet?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A reaction can show up after a few doses. Leroy had no problem with Revolution for awhle and then started having bald spots on his head. I stopped the Revolution and the bald spots went away. The vet prescribed a different parasite preventative to use.