Revolution Plus vs Advantage Multi, etc.?

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, Buddy is currently on Revolution Plus. It doesn't seem to bother him at all other than losing a tiny bit of fur at the application site - small spot - maybe the size of a penny or slightly larger. No scab and it doesn't hurt. The skin isn't red either.

To complicate things a bit - he has a weird coat. Its very soft and downy and I would say short. I have never had a cat with a coat like this. With previous cats, I would part the fur and apply Revolution/advantage and it would just spread a tiny bit in the fur afterwards. With Buddy, it spread a lot. Its weird. I am parting his fur and getting it on the skin. The rescue we adopted him from thought he has some Russian Blue in him. I don't care one way or another - he's a cat 100%, but I wonder if the weird coat comes from that? He sheds very little as well. I can brush him and pretty much nothing comes out.

I am just starting to wonder if he really needs Revolution Plus, or if there is something that might be not quite has drastic that will cover the protection he needs.

I would love some opinions!

He must have at a minimum:

Flea protection - we live in Florida​
Heartworm protection - Florida!​
Ear Mite protection - he has lots of ridges in his ears (vet mentioned this), that make it hard to clean them and would make it a bit more difficult to treat for ear mites. We have lots of wild life around - rabbits, racoons, possums, deer, foxes and even bobcats. We have a fenced in backyard that keeps out the bigger critters (aluminum fake wrought iron). I don' t know if having those critters around and us humans walking through the grass and on the trails could transmit anything to him.​

Ticks - I am not sure he needs protection for them: I had him on Revolution Plus due to the tick protection. However, he does NOT go outside. He goes on our screen porches - one is raised a couple feet+, up in a nook and is borders by a paver patio. The other is raise up about 1.5 feet on one side - bordered by planting beds on one side. The other side is bordered by the paver patio. We do live in Florida, and our yard also borders a large Nature Conservancy area. We walk on the trails back there, and there are people that have deer feeders. Deer = TICKS, TICKS and more TICKS. I know its possible for us to bring ticks in on our clothes. We have an easement on one side of the house - I have seen deer walking down it at dusk.

Other parasites, hookworms, roundworms, etc. - can we bring that in on our clothes or shoes if we aren't careful?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shoot, forgot this - Revolution Plus web information says losing fur at the application site isn't a worry as long as there is no irritation.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If Revolution Plus works for him and you, then just keep on using it. I think most of the topical flea treatments mention the possibility of application site reactions. You could try another, and it may or may not bring about the same issues, one never knows.

The products that cover the items you want also seem to include the ones you don't necessarily think you need - and those are pretty much the two you mentioned.