Reviving an Old Tradition - Ten Questions About You!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We used to do these all the time, and it was so much fun I thought I would revive it.

Copy the list of questions and answer them in a new post.
Answer in as much or as little detail as you want.

(BTW, for nostalgists, this was the first Ten Questions For You that Blue posted long ago and far away...
)

1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?)

2) have you ever been in the hospital?

3) what did you eat yesterday?

4) what is the weather like outside?

5) what is your astrological sign?

6) how do you feel about your mother?

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked?

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ?

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself?

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1) what book are you reading? John Saul- Three Complete Novels- The God Project- Nathaniel and Brainchild

2) have you ever been in the hospital? Oh yes, to many times to count!

3) what did you eat yesterday? for breakfast, pork chops and eggs, lunch fruit salad, dinner homemade clam chowder

4) what is the weather like outside? Rainy and stormy- what else!

5) what is your astrological sign? Taurus

6) how do you feel about your mother? She's my mother and I love her.

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked? Below on HBO and Runaway Jury on PPV

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ? Hustler

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself? A pair of riding boots

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show? Gilmore Girls and CSI also SVU

Thanks Heidi for reviving this

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?)

Books? Who has time for books? I think the last one I read was Anne Rice's latest.

Um, when I was born. Other than that, I've only been to the hospital with hubby when he had pneumonia. Oh, and when I thought I had gall stones or ulcers that turned out to be just stress. Both trips to the ER were pointless, except to give them a lot of money...

Leftover homemade pizza and leftover KFC.

Sunny, but supposed to get cloudy and rainy again today, which is good because we desperately need rain.

Cancer

She was my best friend, and I miss her so much every day.

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked?

Lord of the Rings - Return of the King

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ?

Selfish

Got a couple new pairs of shoes because Just For Feet is going out of business. Hiking boots for $20, and black suede flats for $15.

Right now it's The Sopranos, until the new season of Six Feet Under starts in June.

fostermom28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Dog Listener

Yes

Smart Ones dinner and Lou Malnati's for lunch

Overcast, but warm (for Chicago)

Pisces

She's my best friend (next to my husband)

The life of David Gale (highly recommend - Kevin Spacey)

Obsessed (with whatever he's interested in at the time)

A palm sander

Friends (only new, no reruns)

dantesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heck, I'm bored... why not:

1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?) I'm really not a reader... but the last book I read was titled "How to rule the world as a smartmouth goddess" (no joke!) and the last thing I read was the newspaper this morning.

2) have you ever been in the hospital? No, never in my 25 years... other then when I was born.
Can you believe it? (Knock on wood!)

3) what did you eat yesterday? I had yogurt for breakfast, a yummy chicken club wrap for lunch, and cheese and broccoli soup for dinner. (mmmmmmmm!)

4) what is the weather like outside? 71 degrees and sunny today!!

5) what is your astrological sign? Gemini

6) how do you feel about your mother? I love her more than anyone in this world and hope I 'grow up' to be just like her. :daisy:

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked? oh man... not a real big movie buff, either.... ummmmmm.... I honestly can't recall! But my fav. movie of all time is "Swingers"

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex? That I love him very much.

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself? Two cute pairs of flip flops from Old Navy. ($3.50 each - what a bargain!)

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show? See, now THIS is why I'm not into movies or reading - I'm ADDICTED to TV! I have to tape General Hospital every day while I am at work (I've been watching it for over 10 years, I can't stop!) I also cannot miss the Gilmore Girls or Everwood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by fostermom28
Lou Malnati's for lunch
Oh Karen - I'm SO jealous!! Hubby's from the Chicago area (Dekalb), and his family still live in the area (Zion, Lake Villa). A couple years ago, his Dad sent us a care package from Lou Malnati's of Italian Beef and Vienna Hot Dogs (with the relish and mustard..). It was SO good! Just can't find good Italian Beef around here, unless we make it ourselves.

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

For school: Lots of text readings, For pleasure: ANN RULE'S MOST DANGEROUS KILLERS

TWICE: WHEN I WAS BORN and WHEN I WAS 13

NOTHING EXCITING

FAIR AND MILD

LIBRA

LOVE HER!! SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND

PASSION OF THE CHRIST & PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

HOT ROCK!!

BEANIE BABIES & CLOTHES

ANIMAL PRECINCT, ANIMAL COPS DETROIT & HOUSTON

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

does my educational psychology book count?

2) have you ever been in the hospital? last time was March 17, 2003...I couldn't stop...barfing

I had pigs-n-blanket for breakfast, hawaiian chicken for lunch and filet mignon and baked beans for dinner

very dark..about to get a bad storm!

Capricorn

She's one of the most important person in my life..and I love her tons!

School of Rock!!!!!!!!!

when I think of Zack...I can't help but smile and think of how much I love and adore him!

I can't remember...probably my new boots I got like 2 months ago...

Friends!! and The O.C.!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hollywood Divorces

yes - when I was born, when I drank poison, age 3, when I had an head injury, age 15, when I had my son, 3 years ago.

3) what did you eat yesterday? Salad and pollo fundido

4) what is the weather like outside? Sunny but cool

5) what is your astrological sign? taurus

6) how do you feel about your mother? Love her.

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked? Gothika

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ? Love him to bits

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself? An eyelet setter kit

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show? CSI, Crossing Jordan, Extreme Makeover - Home Edition

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Aromatherapy for Dummies
2. when my daughter was born
3. grilled cheese sandwich
4. beautiful! sunny, cool
5. Sagittarius
6. ambivilent
7. Hellboy
8. He's the sweetest guy ever!
9. school supplies
10. The Shield, Southpark, Nascar races

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I do proofreading for a publlishing company. The book I just received is called "Defending Ideals." It is a sociology book about the Iraq war.

Yes. Surgery at 18 months, surgery at 26 years, surgery at 28 years.

3) what did you eat yesterday? Bagel for breakfast, salad for lunch, stir fry for dinner.

4) what is the weather like outside? Gorgeous. Sunny and 80 degrees.

6) how do you feel about your mother? Love her to death even though she occasionally makes me crazy.

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked? Just saw Eternal Sunshine. .. The one with Jim Carrey. As a rental, we just watched a documentary called Wolves at Our Door that was really interesting.

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ? He makes me smile because I love him.

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself? Jeans.

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show? The Sopranos!!!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished Seven Dials (Victorian mystery by Anne Perry), currently reading The Message (New Testament in modern language), Flags of our Fathers (non-fiction about the battle for Iwo Jima and the famous photograph)
I usually have one novel I'm reading, too, so I'll have to see what I have that is screaming read me!

yes, when I was born and to have my tonsils out (a long time ago)

cereal, chicken stew, yogurt, orange, a large container of peanut butter popcorn, a bunch of stir-fried veggies to make up for the popcorn

sunny, windy, and chilly

Aries

happy we can get along again

Hidalgo

how funny and sweet he is, and that he promised to do the laundry and dishes today

small: a coffee on the way to a school meeting this morning
bigger: some DVDs (Gone with the WInd, To Kill a Mockingbird, Blade Runner)

Angel--I'm so sad it won't be back next year!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm reading "Hunting Humans", a book about serial killers, and "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" in anticipation of the movie.

Yes, to have my adenoids removed.

Breakfast-eggs and veggie sausage; lunch-stuffed pepper and papaya; dinner-home-made pizza

Overcast and in the low 50's

Libra

I miss her very much, and wish we had the chance to be friends as adults

Hellboy-saw it Friday, recommend it.

Liar.

2 pairs of shoes-black slip-ons and brown mary jane slip-ons

Nightly news.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm reading The Jester by James Patterson

Yep! Ten years ago I had a perforated ulcer.

Checken McNuggets and a fruit and walnut salad for lunch

It's still morning, and it's still cloudy with the marine layer. It will probably be warm and sunny once the sun burns it off.

I hate my sign. I wish I could be another sign. I'm a Gemini

I loved my mother, but she was always a real guilt tripper. A typical Yenta

School of Rock on DVD ( I bought it)

I'm glad he's my EX!

I just bought the DVD Gothika this morning, but I haven't watched it yet.

The Sopranos

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by fostermom28

The life of David Gale (highly recommend - Kevin Spacey)
My sister-in-law played an extra in that movie which they shot at the University of Texas campus, not bad for a extra $100, but you didn't even see her at all in the movie

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1. I just finished Lilian Jackson Braun "The Cat Who Sang for Birds".
2. I was last in the hospital when I was 10 for an apendix removal.
3. I ate a tuna melt with french fries and coleslaw for supper. Did not eat breakfast or lunch.
4. The weather is sunny and about 46 degrees. Spring is trying to come, but snow is being forecast for tonight.
5. I'm a Gemini, but I don't believe Astological signs.
6. I loved my Mother very much. She passed away when I was 21. She was a great person and I hope I'm like her.
7. I just saw "Under the Tuscan Sun". It was odd, but I liked it.
8. My ex-boyfriend was a wonderful person, but we were not made for each other. He is still my friend.
9. I bought myself two skirts (jean and kaki cargo), two shirts and a pair of tennis shoes. (Just went shopping in Appleton)
10. I watch the Gilmore Girls, The Apprentice, CSI, House Hunters and I have quite a few programs I love to watch on the BBC (i.e. Cash in the Attic, Changing Rooms, House Invaders and House Doctor)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?) Hillary Clinton autobiography

2) have you ever been in the hospital? twice (no details offered as they were woman problems)

3) what did you eat yesterday? PBJ for lunch, lasagna for dinner

4) what is the weather like outside? 78, sunny and goreous

6) how do you feel about your mother? I am my mother - I love her and always will

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked? Lord of the Rings III

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ? handsome nutcase

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself? a new bathroom floor, or was it the wallpaper for the dining room?

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show? Whose Line is it Anyway, Jon Stewart Daily Show, Trading Spaces/Changing Rooms

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?)

PS I Love You (don't have the book with me, unsure of the author)

Yes, 1 year ago I got my tonsils out, at age 23! (ouch)

Starbucks for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and salad for dinner

HOT

Scorpio

She acts like a kid!

Mona Lisa Smile

Sexy

traffic school for a speeding ticket

I gave up on tv since they ended Dawson's Creek

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Da Vinci Code" (Dan Brown) is on my Palm Pilot; also on the go: "The Salmon of Doubt" (Douglas Adams), "Portrait of a Killer" (Patricia Cornwell), assorted magazines.

Other than when I was born, no.

Yogurt, cinnamon brioche and coffee for breakfast; quiche and salad for lunch; chicken and salad for dinner.

It's been mostly sunny today, though there's some cloud now. Mild -- probably mid-teens (that's celsius, so 60ish for you fahrenheit folks)

Saggitarius

She's been gone 16 years, and I miss her every day.

"Lost in Translation"

How much I adore him.

a purse.

Don't have one. I mostly only watch TV when I get into bed. It's usually the news that's on. If I'm still conscious at midnight, there's often a M*A*S*H on, and I enjoy that, but I don't stop anything else to see it.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne Rice Vittorio the vampire
yes for seizures

way to much, KFC chicken and slaw, turckey sand w/fries, and a stuffed pepper(turkey sausage not pork yuck!)
Absolutely georgous! sunny and warm!

capricorn

I love her with all my heart

Matrix 2

significant other? admination and devotion
wedding dress

it WAS Sex in the City, now there really isn't one.