Reusable lid for open 10 oz. Weruva cans?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Does anyone know what lids, if any, would fit the 10 oz. Weruva cans?

I found this one on Amazon, which says it will fit up to 4 sizes of cans, but according to the questions answered by customers the lid will not fit for those cans. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000084E66/?tag=thecatsite

Has anyone found anything that works? Thanks!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my experience, those lids vary slightly in size. I have two, an orange one and a yellow one. Only the yellow one will fit on the 3 oz Weruva cans. The orange one is too big :dunno: It's possible that some of those Amazon customers got a lid that just doesn't fit the 10 oz size cans.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just use empty hillshire farm deli meat containers to store the unused portions of graycie's canned food tried those lid things before quit using em after i cut my finger on the can while opening it again

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i just use empty hillshire farm deli meat containers to store the unused portions of graycie's canned food tried those lid things before quit using em after i cut my finger on the can while opening it again

:yeah: Or do that. Transfer the food from the can into any food storage container.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought of that, but prefer the a quicker and cleaner way to store. Normally with my 5.5 oz. cans I place the whole can in a tupperware container, and since everything stays in the can I can reuse multiple times before giving them a wash. I just don't have a tupperware container large enough for the 10 oz. can. Maybe there is one online out there that would do the job. :)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A 10 oz can should fit into a Rubbermaid 7 cup container :think:

Or use a pantry-type container / canister.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if something like this would work?

longzon Silicone Stretch Lids, 12 Pack Small, Reusable Durable Food Storage Covers for Cups Small Bowls Cans Jars Fruits Vegetables, The Same Sizes of 2.6 Inch (Can Stretches to 3.5 Inches) Amazon.com: longzon Silicone Stretch Lids, 12 Pack Small, Reusable Durable Food Storage Covers for Cups Small Bowls Cans Jars Fruits Vegetables, The Same Sizes of 2.6 Inch (Can Stretches to 3.5 Inches): Home & Kitchen
Oh, this looks promising! Thank you! I'll have to let everyone know how it works once it arrives, and I test it out!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we have one of those! It came with my husband's stuff so idk how old it is or if they've changed the design, but this is what the back looks like if it helps.
0801211222a.jpg

We don't use that size of cans, so I can't test for you.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think we have one of those! It came with my husband's stuff so idk how old it is or if they've changed the design, but this is what the back looks like if it helps.
View attachment 390026

We don't use that size of cans, so I can't test for you.
I have one like this, with a cat face on the front. It was under $1 at Walmart but I can't say it exactly fits that can because I don't have one that size. It has fit every other can I have tried it on.
I Use tin foil and a rubber band.
I've done the same in a pinch.

Maisie&Willow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought of that, but prefer the a quicker and cleaner way to store. Normally with my 5.5 oz. cans I place the whole can in a tupperware container, and since everything stays in the can I can reuse multiple times before giving them a wash. I just don't have a tupperware container large enough for the 10 oz. can. Maybe there is one online out there that would do the job. :)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!
This is a late reply but I found a lid that fit on Petco! It’s a soft rubbery one that fits three sizes of cans that range in size from three oz five to ten oz!

tbrown476

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
These lids from Spot Pet Food Can Lids Covers in a 3 pack.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Does anyone know what lids, if any, would fit the 10 oz. Weruva cans?

I found this one on Amazon, which says it will fit up to 4 sizes of cans, but according to the questions answered by customers the lid will not fit for those cans. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000084E66/?tag=thecatsite

Has anyone found anything that works? Thanks!
Yes here is the lid i use on the 10 oz cans of weruva served to my cats. It also works on the 5.5 and 3 oz cans. It cost 3 dollars. I bought it at "pet smart", a big chain pet store in canada. Unfortunately the plastic lid has no markings to help identify it. I have been using this lid every day for a year or so and its still like the day i bought it.

Can you tell me where you are buying the 10 oz weruva cans and how much they are. Its getting harder to buy that size. Im paying $5.19 canadian per can.........up from $4.69, not long ago.

Attachments

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes here is the lid i use on the 10 oz cans of weruva served to my cats. It also works on the 5.5 and 3 oz cans. It cost 3 dollars. I bought it at "pet smart", a big chain pet store in canada. Unfortunately the plastic lid has no markings to help identify it. I have been using this lid every day for a year or so and its still like the day i bought it.

Can you tell me where you are buying the 10 oz weruva cans and how much they are. Its getting harder to buy that size. Im paying $5.19 canadian per can.........up from $4.69, not long ago.

Nice! Good to hear there are options and it is holding up.

I bought my cans from Petco when there was a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale on multipacks, plus stackable with 30-40% off first autoship discount (up to $20 off). Some orders there was additional discounts for delivery same day, in-store pick-up, or spending a certain amount that was stackable. Whatever the total sales off were got me down to below 50 cents/3 oz, which is what I've been buying all wet cat food for the last couple of years. Luckily, I have about a year stocked up with 1-2 year expiration dates. The past couple months there have been no sales within my price range. With prices inflating... not sure how much longer my preferred price range is feasible, esp. since it's getting harder to find better sales. Sometimes I find deals on my own, sometimes I find them first on the slickdeals website, which shows deals from many stores like Amazon, chewy, and pet stores. At least I have time to wait for sales before having to stock up again. Since autoship was new or being promoted or trying to increase business, Pet Supplies Plus and Petco have had some great sales this past year that are specific to individual products so multiple orders can be made for each flavor or brand.

Yikes, that's pricey! Cheaper multi packs on Chewy have about $3+/can range for the 10 oz. size. Not sure about shipping to Canada though.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Whatever the total sales off were got me down to below 50 cents/3 oz, which is what I've been buying all wet cat food for the last couple of years. |"

Wow....i cant even begin to imagine those prices!!!!!!

In canada a quality 3 oz can sells for about $2.29 at regular price.

Occasionally. ..although not for a long time now, I can get weruva on sale.

Here is a picture of the stack i bought for about $750.00 dollars...I saved about $150.00 on this purchase.

20190303_121022.jpg

Last edited:

tbrown476

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in the United States Rochester, NH. I don't buy this brand.