Returning opened cat food packages

Masson99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So out of my 3 cats, I have 2 that are particular about their food. One will only eat food that has salmon as a main ingredient (he was eating cat chow complete salmon and I could get him to eat friskies seafood sensations occasionally) But now he’s stopped eating the salmon food. He’s not sick as he will still eat the seafood (I offered it this morning). We’ve gone through this before and I don’t want to buy a whole bag of new food that I can’t return just in case he won’t eat it. One of my friends told me Petco or PetSmart (I can’t remember which) has a return policy where as long as the majority of the bag of food is still in there and you have a receipt they‘ll accept it. Is this true? Or should I just suck it up and buy new food until I find one he likes?

note: he will eat wet food but it’s easier for me at this time to have everyone eat dry food. That’s a longer story but wet food can be a option short term.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would recommend you call the store(s) and ask about their return policy. I am guessing if they have such a thing it would only be with food you bought from them, and the policy could vary by store/region since a lot of these places are franchises.

It would be good if you could give your cats at least some wet food, due to the moisture content if for no other reason. Also, with wet food, if you buy some cans and the cats don't like it, most stores would be much more amenable to accepting unopened cans for return.

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Petco will not take it back if you bought it over 30 days ago.(Standard policy in all stores) Even if it's unopened. I know this from experience.