Rest In Peace Roxy

echo.rory.noodles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We brought my BIL and SIL’s 13 year old cat home with us last night to keep while they were out of state for Christmas and she passed sometime in the last couple of hours. She had taken a turn for the worse in the past few days but they couldn’t delay their trip (BIL had already left with the kids last week and SIL had to catch her flight this morning) so we took her to give her comfort and love in her last time on Earth. She was so tired and uncomfortable last night. My heart as broken. We were going to have the vet come today to gently put her to sleep but she sadly did not make it long enough.

I held her in my lap at 2am for 30 minutes and pet her and loved on her. It was the first time she didn’t seem restless or in pain and she rested her head on my leg and her labored breathing slowed a little bit for the first time all night. I told her it was okay to go to sleep. I hope she didn’t feel alone or scared when she passed. I hate that I didn’t go check on her sooner so that I could’ve been in there with her to help her cross over the rainbow bridge.

I’m just happy that she’s no longer suffering or in pain and can run and chase mice and bugs and eat grass again.

Rest In Peace, Roxy. You were so loved and lived a good long life. ❤

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this is so sad, what a situation to be in but you came through just wonderfully taking care of her and showing her love and compassion in her last hours, you did all that you could and perhaps it was meant that she was to spend these last moments on Earth this way with you, bless you for doing that. I am sorry this happened....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Heartbreaking. I am so sorry.
It is just so good that you were there for her during her last moments, and you did all you could to make her feel loved, and not alone.
May you and your family find strength in the thought that Roxy is now free from pain and is indeed chasing mice and eating grass again.

Sending my hugs and prayers of comfort.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
How sad for your in-laws, it must have been tough for them knowing they couldn't be there with Roxy. And how wonderful of you to take her in to offer her comfort during her last days. RIP, little Roxy. :rbheart:

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That must have been so hard for your in-laws to leave her like that. You did a wonderful job in the short time you had with her and I know Roxy appreciated it. I'm so sorry for the loss. Sad.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
RIP Roxy baby - you have left behind a lot of humans who loved you very very much, and will miss you greatly. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Precious, sweet Roxy......I am so sorry for the pain in your heart, but so happy she had you in those last few hours on earth. Love is spiritual, so those who held her dear were always with her, she will carry their love and yours in her heart for eternity. She was ready to shed her earthly pain, she may have even prolonged her passing to make sure her family didn't witness her end. You will be forever blessed for your compassion and kindness, you were there for her when she needed someone. She was never alone as long as she was loved.
She will always be as near as thoughts and prayers, and although she now follows a new path, it will forever parallel the life paths of all those she loves. Her tiny soul is a part of her family's souls, the bond that was built over all those years can never be taken. "Death cannot take that which never dies" and a love like that never will, but will live on through those who love her.
My heart goes out to you, my thoughts and prayers are with you and her family. She is at peace now because she was loved.
RIP precious Roxy. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You love Roxy. Roxy loves You. That's all that counts.

We can always see our missing beloved in every leaf or cloud.

My tears and hugs!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Roxy, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a loving act...to take home a cat who was so near that Final Step on her Journey. It made my heart break, but I also smiled, that she passed in the arms of someone who loved her, even if her "own" people could not be there. Bless you.