Rest easy, sweet Sassy

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMG_5253.jpeg

Yesterday, April 4, 2022, we had to say our goodbyes to our beloved little baby, Sassy.

She stuck with us since being adopted as a kitten and would have been 21yo this coming July.

She had lost her vision, some of her hearing...but she persisted, always living fully into her namesake.

Our hearts are shattered.

But she is now reunited with her "brother" Striker who we said goodbye to nearly 8 years ago.

100_0153.JPG

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
21! Oh my goodness. It sounds like she was quite a character and did indeed live life to the fullest. Sweet girl. It's so hard to say good-bye to a beloved companion after that much time being part of your family. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

Rest in peace, little Sassy. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
21 years! What a testament to your care and love! After that many years, her being gone will leave a huge hole in your life and your home. But what a wealth of memories. I pray you can concentrate on those memories and not her end, that you can celebrate her life and not dwell on the loss. She will always be a part of your soul, the bond of love between your hearts is incredibly strong. Nothing can break that, not even death. "Death cannot take that which never dies".
Thank you for letting us know of this sweet, sassy girl, she is an inspiration to us all on what love and good care can bring. I'm happy she is with her sweet brother, they will play in the sweet grass of the Rainbow Bridge for eternity, never to be parted again. Take care and know we are here if you need to talk......RIP precious Sassy. you will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. My the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sassy, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a lovely, long life you all had together...but, I know, where there is love, an eternity would not be enough. This I know...Sassy lived, breathed and had her being wrapped in the love of her family, and it lit her way on her path from This Adventure to her Next Great Adventure. Now, her own love for you, translated and purified into Love, she sends back to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides!