Resources for when you can't afford vet care

kunoichi9280

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an emergency going on with my cat and I can't afford it. They won't even let me surrender ownership or euthanize him. I know there's an article with all sorts of resources, but I can't find it. I'?m sure it's right in plain site but I'm kind of frantic right now; if someone could post the link I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Time 2 Recognize

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the link you are looking for as I'm fairly new around here, but have you looked in to care credit? That is one way to fund care if unable to afford upfront.
What's happening with your feline friend? I'm so sorry for what you are going through :( Hopefully someone else has a link with more resources if Care credit isn't an option.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kunoichi9280

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I applied for Care Credit and Scratchpay. No luck. :( Fortunately, the vet reduced the costs a little and a friend is helping me out. So I don't have to euthanize him. He has a urinary blockage and needs surgery. It's about 1000 dollars. Unfortunately,, I'm on a fixed income, and the problems he's been having that required vet visits wiped out my savings. I was afraid this would happen.
Thanks for the link!