Resident Kitty Looking Rough

XIARAFerbymom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone this is my first time using the Cat site but I want to get some opinions before I go to the vet. About a month ago my mom brought home an 11 week old Persian kitten full of energy and kitten-ness, who seemed to be making normal strides with our 8+ long hair tuxedo, Ferb. Ferb has always been a confident, sweet people loving Cat until about a week ago I came home and Ferb was found hiding in the closet. With curly, poop covered fur, he walked out and my heart broke immediately. I got the poop off and cleaned him up, but his condition only worsened. Initially, I suspected he had gotten into the kitten food, but now I’m just extremely concerned. He’s walking slowly and vomiting, and his face is covered in eye boogies and he’s hiding under blankets and having hesitations when jumping. Before, he jumped any and everywhere with ease but now he’s afraid to even jump on my bed. Please help, we had a cat before him that had massive kidney failure so I check his color regularly and it seems fine, I just don’t know what to do and my mom won’t take us to the vet and I don’t have any money whatsoever. Please please help I love Ferb so much and I can’t bear to lose him.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to see the vet. It sounds like something much more serious than just being a bit down because of the kitten. Please try your best to get the money to take him in. If you can't, it may be best to surrender him to a shelter/rescue so he can get the help he needs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

XIARAFerbymom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He needs to see the vet. It sounds like something much more serious than just being a bit down because of the kitten. Please try your best to get the money to take him in. If you can't, it may be best to surrender him to a shelter/rescue so he can get the help he needs.
Hi thanks for responding!!! I got him to the vet and she put him on antibiotics as she's said it was just a cold with the added build of stress. She also said that as he isn't feeling well he's most likely favouring that back leg in an attempt to get the kitten to leave him alone. We also have him on wet food to try and get his weight back up. I'm so glad I could get him in and it was definitely worth the manual labour :) He should be feeling better in no time!