Resident cat playing rough with new kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minnieandmickysmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Long post sorry

So a few days ago we brought home a new kitten from the same parents as our resident kitty Minnie we decided to name him micky as soon as I walked through the door with micky Minnie lost her mind hissing and growling even scratched and bit me which is something my Minnie has never done before I separated putting micky in my sons bedroom for a day which had her smelling under the door fast forward to yesterday afternoon my son (7) is playing with micky in his bedroom I tell him we need to go food shopping and to the mall so to close the door and leave micky in the room little did we know Minnie was hiding under the bed (she’s very sneaky) we was gone for about a hour I came home opened the door to check on micky and Minnie ran out I checked micky there was no damage to him and about a hour later I bring him in to the living room Minnie starts sniffing him and next thing I know she starts swatting at him no hissing or growling but just in case I separate them micky slept on the pillow next to me last night and Minnie at the foot of the bed with no issues this morningI put him on the floor and she starts running around him and knocking him over biting his neck a bit and the second micky makes a sound she jumps back he recently starting to swat back no hissing or anything from Minnie she even licked him a bit and has been smelling him everytime she comes near him she knocks him down and bites his tummy or neck is this something I should be worried about her ears are forward eyes not dilated no tail lashing or anything that would seem like a fight and micky has also been biting her and swating as well can someone please tell me if this seems like an issue I’ve never had more then one cat before and she seems to know when he makes a sound to stop
So we have a major update!! I woke up this morning to her grooming him on the couch for about 10 minutes and they fell asleep together!!