Resemblance to a Russian Blue?

sandrak7761

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hiya,

This is my kitten Basil... I know he is a DSH, as we adopted him from a cat rescue, but just for fun, I wondered how closely he resembles a Russian Blue and where he differs/ whether he could pass as a decent look a like? I obviously love him regardless

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At first glance he could be a nice look alike.   At this moment of pet quality, but kittens are often becoming better with time, including the color of eyes.  Some are splendid already as young kittens, some gets good firstly with time.   I have seen it with our RB.

What is the real fault here, is the profile of the head... Wrong profile, and wrong proportions... as seen on pic 2

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He is definitely a RB lookalike! Russian Blues have green eyes, but, as StefanZ said, that can change over time. I'll be interested to see how he grows and matures. I'll attach a link for you to see pics of some of the best of the best Russian Blues: http://cfa.org/Breeds/BreedsKthruR/RussianBlue.aspx
He is probably similar in appearance to a pet quality RB you would get from a breeder.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It strikes me, with the facial structures seen from forward, he shall perhaps instead be compared to a  Korat.  It will still be a korat of pet quality, but if so, the bad russian profile isnt THAT bad korat profile....   :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandrak7761

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much guys!! I'll definitely share more pics as he grows

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very handsome boy. I agree with the comment re head shape - Russian are quite angular and flat (I am sure thats not the technical description haha)

Attachments