Rescuers Kitten

toiletduck544

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, this morning I rescued a kitten from inside a cars tire. His brother had just been ran over and died and he was crying very loudly so we found him. He’s very dirty and in a state of shock.
should I just let him be and rest? Should I give him water with a syringe or wait for him to drink by himself? He’s very dirty and. When should I bath him? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry.......I would hold him if he wants, if not, give him a box and a blanket to hide in for a while. Leave food and water nearby. Let him adjust a bit, maybe 8 hours or so and quickly bathe him witb Dawn dish soap. do not blow dry him, it would scare him too much. Talk soothingly to him. Bless you fro helping him, and may his precious brother RIP.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toiletduck544

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Thanks for the feedback! I will do that. Yes I am a bit worried he will lick himself and ingest all this black stuff that’s on him. I just don’t want to stress him out more now. So bathe him already tonight? Or should I wait for the morning? I found him at 12pm..

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can, wait until morning. Unless he does start licking a lot. Maybe you could take a warm washcloth and try to get some off? He is scared enough.......

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I always wash right away. Gives me the chance to observe if any cuts etc.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't how the weather in your area is like. But if it's cold, and the kitten has stayed out in the cold, give him a warm spot, or put him under a blanket with warmth source, like a bottle with warm water in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toiletduck544

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Thanks for all the tips! Here it’s pretty warm and dry do I already have him a quick bath. He seems to think I’m his mother. I think he was still drinking milk. Should I get some kitten formula? He already eats cat wet food and he seems to really love it