Rescued Siamese? What color is he / what fur length?

CivilHeathen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there! Just looking for some opinions on my newly rescued boy, Kingsley. He and his siblings were all abandoned at a couple weeks old and placed into a foster home. The shelter had his siblings labeled as snowshoe and he was listed as a lilac Siamese. He’s darkened up quite a bit since then so I’m sure he isn’t lilac (the vet thought maybe seal point) but I was curious to know what he might be as I have no clue myself. Also feel free to comment breed similarities if you feel he isn’t Siamese! I also suspect he may have longer fur as he ages because he’s much fluffier than his brothers. I’ll include a pic of them altogether at the foster home so you can see the group (the older cat with them belongs to the foster home, isn’t related). Thank you for any help!
1BD25257-4F80-46C2-A822-2837BE5D797A.jpeg
560E64AE-E465-4689-8307-03E9E9EBAB94.jpeg
567BADC6-89B7-4EDF-9644-11D924A55196.jpeg
03972728-A64B-4432-BD84-2E0C99DD0AB2.jpeg
33AB22CC-0264-43DA-875B-503D61894B84.jpeg
ED4D5CB7-ED45-4A15-95DE-F58C178B4B16.jpeg
13F2DCC1-915A-4B2C-A518-7E43110BBBE1.jpeg
B35C7435-A5C7-4BF7-A9BD-A8488B1FCCE1.jpeg
58DC56A6-4CCF-470E-8EAC-E184F591A61C.jpeg
81D9864A-6FBC-40A4-93CB-AC41235F961C.jpeg
E9D676BA-84D0-4E48-8EE2-B895E1816E33.jpeg

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww he is so precious 😻 Well, he will be called a dsh colorpoint... I would call him a seal point with siamese ancestry somewhere down the line, all pointed cats have siamese ancestry no matter how distant. He is most likely a mix or dhs and not pb as the colorpoint genes are in the domestic cat population. As for seal point though, I notice his paw pads look rose toned and seal points usually have darker paw pads. For more detailed opinions on his color go to siamese cat spot group at fb. His siblings have the snowshoe look :cool: He looks a little fluffy too but his tail does not look lh, but he may be a bit of a fluffy guy too, prolly just kitten fluff.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with the analysis above.
So probably shorthair, but we will see for sure later on. And for al practical reason, you can label him as seal point. Go into fine detail would be important if he was purebred in a breeding or Show program.
As domestic its not THAT important to know the fine details. Not even if you participate in the HouseHold Pet Class on shows.

That said, he seems to be a good look alike to a siamese old type, nowadays called for Thai.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's adorable! Many rescues will call pointed cats Siamese or Snowshoe just based on look, not actual genetics. Like others have said, pointed cats exist in the domestic cat population. Without evidence of being purebred (papers from a registered breeder), your kitty is "just" domestic, but no less special.

Make sure that collar is a breakaway, for your kitty's safety!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CivilHeathen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's adorable! Many rescues will call pointed cats Siamese or Snowshoe just based on look, not actual genetics. Like others have said, pointed cats exist in the domestic cat population. Without evidence of being purebred (papers from a registered breeder), your kitty is "just" domestic, but no less special.

Make sure that collar is a breakaway, for your kitty's safety!
It’s breakaway! :) that’s all we get for our kitties!

I don’t plan on showing, I was mostly just curious about him as I know rescues can be pretty up in the air as far as what they tell you they are. They have lots labeled as domestic or even Siamese / mix and I’m not sure why he was just labeled Siamese.
He’s the happiest kitten I’ve ever met! Purrs every time you even touch him and has the cutest little mew. Apparently doesn’t mind water either because he hopped in the shower!

Thanks to everyone responding! I really appreciate your input and learning more about the little guy and what his color is!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, those eyes! I wonder if they'll stay that bright blue.

I can't see his tail in any of the pics, but you can usually tell longhair/shorthair by their tails. If his tail has short fur, it's probably just kitten fuzzies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CivilHeathen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, those eyes! I wonder if they'll stay that bright blue.

I can't see his tail in any of the pics, but you can usually tell longhair/shorthair by their tails. If his tail has short fur, it's probably just kitten fuzzies.
Here’s a better picture of his tail. I’m estimating the fur on it is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long and seems to be fluffier at the base for now. Not sure if this helps, I don’t know much of anything about kitten fur!

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a shorthair, but only time will tell for certain.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here’s a better picture of his tail. I’m estimating the fur on it is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long and seems to be fluffier at the base for now. Not sure if this helps, I don’t know much of anything about kitten fur!
I would guess maybe medium hair from this pic or just extra fluffy sh but time will tell.. I notice he has lynx tips to watch my queen who is a purebred siamese sealpoint has.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would guess maybe medium hair from this pic or just extra fluffy sh but time will tell.. I notice he has lynx tips to watch my queen who is a purebred siamese sealpoint has.
Oops siri typos 😹 I meant my kitty Quinn, who is pb siamese seal point also has little lynx tips😀 here are pics from his baby days and a bit older.
3805DBCD-C5C0-4BA3-BD46-E596E00A0902.png
EA9E7C6C-E671-4BC5-AE81-BB4E43F31D01.png

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
What an attractive kitty you have there. Yes, there was a Siamese in the mix somewhere in his ancestry. He looks like he is going to be a medium hair kitty. I love the huge ears. :)

JAG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your pictures look alot like our little girl; the picture shown here is when she first showed up in our yard; vet said 4-5 weeks old. Our girl Blue doesn't have a fluffy tail like that but pretty brown stripes are appearing on her head, legs and tail. She's now about 9 weeks old and every day shows us how much she trusts us. Next on our list is to slowly introduce her to family and friends. We are so happy that she found us.