Rescued cat meowing at around 6 am

ezrafitch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat who I got from the shelter about 4 days ago goes into this insane meowing at around 6 am sometimes other hours. He has food and water and the litter box is always clean. He does this thing where he kind of wants to show me something as i walk behind him and hes looking back meow to see where I am going except hes not showing me anything. He might miss the other cats at the shelter? Previous owners? Previous life? The vet said he was healthy. I know i just got him and i don't mind but I have thin walls and my neighbors might complain? Who knows. Anyone have a similar situation with a rescue?

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He must have picked that time in a previous life. I'd just make sure he has something to occupy him (and to keep him quiet) like food or some kind of toy that will keep him busy. Another cat would keep him occupied!
Four days isn't very long, he still might adjust. It sounds like he is insecure and maybe a little lonely. Try to give him extra love and attention when you can and play with a wand before bed to tire him out. Good luck!

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Four of my six cats do this. One in particular went through a phase where she would stare up at my bed and meow at me at 7 in the morning, even when she had food, water, clean litter, and everything. I'd try to pick her up, thinking she wanted attention, but then she'd run off. =P They all did it particularly as kittens, and it's noteworthy here that the other two I didn't know as kittens. How old is yours?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ezrafitch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Perseus is a little be over 2 years old. He was a stray in Puerto Rico brought back by the person who runs the adoption center at petsmart then rescued by someone who got evicted. Perseus ended up in the streets again and taken to a shelter which contacted the guy at petsmart since he has a chip in him. I then rescued him (his final destination). Perseus' paperwork says 4yrs old but Will over at petsmart told me he was a little over 2yrs. Doesn't make difference to me though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ezrafitch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Might add that Perseus absolutely loved loved Will over at petsmart. Maybe he misses him

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Contact Will and find out if someone at PetSmart fed, cleaned his kennel, changed water, played with him, etc, around 6 am.  Even cleaning staff?