Rescued baby cat has breathing problems:(

tabbitha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I NEED help/advice PLEASE. Two nights ago I was alarmed by the sounds of my 65 lb dog and an unknown animal:( I ran out to investigate and found my had in her mouth a baby kitten!!:( I screamed/commended her to STOP LET IT GO!!& thank God she did the baby cat was screaming/crying:( in shock??/injured/stunned I scooped it up ran to my back door to assess its injuries when it snapped into flight mode frantically trying to escape my hands I closed the door an sat it down:(he ran an hid in my laundry room. Clearly traumatized I let ot be sneaking in to peek/check on it. I sat a water dish an dinner scraps out to try an comfort it . This kitten is clearly not domesticated/wild. It stayed hidden an would meow/cry every so often sounding very raspy an after day two I finally was too scared of other potential injury that it might have not being able to get close enough to examine an I grabbed some oven mits an finally captured the kitten and it wasn't an experience either of us enjoyed but after wrapping it up tightly with a towel and holding thee kitten close to my chest for several hours I was able to unwrap it and examine no substantial injuries/damage besides its raspy cry/meow and observations of his belly breathing instead of expanding slow and smooth nice big breath it is short an sharp not expanding fully:( My new baby (the kitten) is finally adjusting an is active starting to play even an finally has an appetite drinking water eating kitten food. He pees often an poops poorly/diarrhea:( I want to help my newest family member an want to know what I can/if I can do anything to help the diarrhea and what to do about his raspy cry/meow??

gunsmoke315

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
you could try giving him a raw egg to help with the diarreha.Thats what I did for my cat when she had diarreaha and it was gone a couple days later.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly, I would have him thoroughly examined by a vet.

They are the only ones who are able to use a stethescope and listen for abnormal sounds. Perhaps there is something internal, afterall he was in the dog's mouth.

Little feral kittens will always need to be treated for worms, which will cause diarrhea.

The vet can do this too and also it's first kitten vaccine.

aprilc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with catwoman, plus you need to get this little bundle of fluff vaccinated.

If the kitten was outside and exposed to other cats he/she could also very well have an upper respiratory infection which could cause the raspy meow and breathing problems.  Most kittens will get over a URI but they need to be looked at because not all URIs are mild.