Rescue tortie

antisockcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 3mo kitten that my sister found in a parking lot at 6 weeks old. Mimzy is a dilute tortie, I believe, with various shades of brown and orange and some white on her chin and belly.

She is probably between 3 and 4 lbs and has very long legs and tail right now. Her ears are large and she has a wider face than my other cat.

She isn't destructive but she will try to eat or play with absolutely everything at least once. She's usually silent unless she's displeased- then she complains at length- or purring like a truck.

She isn't a lap cat yet (too much to do), but she likes people and does amazingly well at the vet.

I am curious as to what breed(s) she could be. Is it too soon to tell?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome!  She's adorable! We have a Tortie, so I'm extremely partial to them.

She isn't any specific breed - she's a mixture of many kinds of cats so she's a domestic cat.  I don't see any purebreed type in her at all but this does not make her any less wonderful!

She appears to be medium haired at this stage, I think I see some toe fluff and her tail fur is somewhat longer than a short haired cat.  Also she has some serious ear tufts going on!  Only time will tell if her coat gets longer.  She may even get darker or lighter as she age.  Start grooming her now so that she gets used to the comb/brush.  If she winds up being long haired, she'll need at least occasional brushing to make sure she doesn't develop any mats, which can be painful.

Have you spayed her yet? She's certainly old enough and weighs enough too.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

antisockcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply!

I have begun brushing her already. I hope her fur doesn't get much longer, though. She already gets stuff stuck between her toes sometimes.
It's interesting that she could change colors! She already seems to have more orange in her fur than before.

Our vet wants to wait until six months for her spay.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
On the first photo she looks like a shaded cat.  Her having longish hair doesnt help, of course, for recogizing the exact pattern...   I think here is sore riddles buried!

It will be easier when she has grown into everything, during the time, if we could see more good photos?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's definitely a Tortie but I agree with @StefanZ  ; her coloring seems to look different under whatever lighting conditions you photograph her.  Somewhere between dilute and not, very interesting!

She's beautiful.  I love her facial pattern.  She looks like a Mimzy, great name!

FYI, not sure why your vet said 6 months for spaying.  It can be done as early as 2 months as long as the kitten has reached 2 pounds.  Waiting longer only exposes her to an "oops" pregnancy if she somehow escapes the home.  Personally, I wouldn't take that chance as a cat that young isn't ready to be a mom.  Perhaps you can discuss this again with your vet and find out why the delay?

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Mimzy. She is beautiful and I love her facial blaze.She will change some till she matures. Please post more pics as she grows. She is just wonderful.