Rescue labeled him ( Large Kitten )

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay, I dont think so.  He is barely mediumhair too - this bushy tail.  Unless he is excited and because of this got this bushy tail...

I understand him stretching out makes him more slender than usual, but still, no look alike of Maine coon...

Why do you ask?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful kitten! I want to hold and love him, he is precious, you are so lucky to have found each other! As for his lineage, he is definitely a mix, without papers it is a moot point anyway. Burt there is one thing for certain, he is absolutely stunning!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the comment " I just like to put it out there". I am getting a little tic- ed at the many shelters that are claiming they have Maine Coon kittens or cats in house. The reason I ask is that this jolly little kitten and many others are being label Maine Coon by web sites. Why,,,! Do they do that. Is that sort of false advertisement. I don' t want this to continue. What can be done .?:rub: What are they thinkin. Any shelter volunteers please give insight. I love cats and only want call them as they are, not what I image them to be.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many times the intake computer program prompts for a breed to be entered. Some employees don't know that "domestic shorthair/longhair" are choices (and some software may not even offer those as choices) so they pick the breed they think looks closest. Also complicated by the fact that almost all dogs have some kind of breed in them and can be identified as some kind of breed mix, so a lot of people assume cats are the same.

He's a handsome boy for sure!

Last edited:

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah! I Thoughtt so. A lot of people call them (cats) as they guess them. So , the general public DOES have an opinion. Generally, speaking . I can call my cat a Maine coon mix ? Not purebred. Sort of illegitimate. :lol3:

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

5 months old Litt'l Kitti weighs 6.5 pounds. Average , and so friendly. His belly and body is getting a winter coat. He looks different compared to a couple of months ago.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to disappoint you, but he is not silver :) Just a Black Tabby. Can you make a few more pictures of his face? Front and side-view. It will help better to see if he somewhat resembles a Maine Coon or not.

Enjoy the winter coat tho! My cats also get a wintercoat around this time and they become absolutely stunning. I love winter because of what it does to them :D Until it becomes warmer again, and all the hair starts falling out and my house turns like a winter-scene inside with all the white hairs flying and dartling around. Hahaha. 

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was able to get these pictures , no easy because he is mostly on the GO. I don't have a great camera so the room is more yellow than actual. The red suitcase picture shows the best true color. Plus his coat has been stained by yellow sulfur -lime. I think he looks so wild standing next to my sewing machine. I think he has something on his mind. Thanks for the comments. Does his head look too big for his body in that picture.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
NOW he does looks as a good look alike of a Maine Coon, now when he has grown into his full hairiness.   :)

Its just some size which lacks.

But  what do they say?   A dwarf standing on the shoulders of a giant, will see and reach even more than said giant...  :)