Rescue kitten had panleukopenia

Tuxedolove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We rescued a kitten who’s whole litter had panleukopenia, 3 of the 5 survived with him being one of the but he was also the runt. He’s now 1.5 years old and I’m noticing some things that I used to just think was because he was a kitten, such as not being very agile, he’s super clumsy and seems a little slow almost. He is the sweetest cat ever and we love him to death. However I’ve been trying to do research on the virus to understand it better and learn if there are any long term effects or anything after having it. That being said I am struggling to find any websites or articles that talk about it in that kind of depth. Does anyone know any good resources (books, websites, articles, people to talk to etc.) about panleukopenia that I could use to further educate myself on what he had? Thanks! I’d love to learn more so I could share the knowledge with other people

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you google panleukopenia in cats, you'll find a wealth of excellent articles. I did try...and try...and try to find information about support groups, or more information on the aftermath of the disease, and came up blank. A search here turned up a LOT of threads, but mostly concerning currently ill cats and treatments. However, it's early times yet, and SOMEONE with more information than I may well turn up soon!

I did find that there can be neurological symptoms DURING the disease, but NOTHING on whether they persist afterwards!