Rescue from abusive household bites super hard unprovoked

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed two things with my mom’s reformed feral. 1) He just twitches the tip of his tail when he gets over stimulated. I thought his attacks were without warning until I noticed this! 2) He learned from the other domesticated cats. So a friendly well socialized cat (from wee kittenhood) may be your best chance for her! He learned to play a bit, sit quietly for treats & to cuddle from my 2 kitties. You might need a bridge cat or two to tame her. ⭐He never got over his over stimulation bite. I just warn people to watch the tip of his tail when you pet him.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He just twitches the tip of his tail when he gets over stimulated.
Yup! Casper does this.

He starts out with his tail up in the air when he's inquisitive. Then his tail starts to swish around when he gets stimulated and playful. When he gets overstimulated or upset, his tail starts to get twitchy. Like you say, when just the tip of his tail starts to twitch, he's at the end of his rope, so to speak. The next step is for him to bite and run away. If you try to hold on to him, he'll go aggro on you.

Every cat is different but I agree. Watch your cat's tail. If its tail starts to go crazy, the rest of the cat will probably go crazy if you don't do something to de-escalate, very soon.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic cats know humans are stupid at speaking body language (cat speak) ... so they go big. Giant dramatic tail swishes. Reformed ferals just twitch the tip of their tail. So watch the tip of your cat’s tail!

Cats that were socialized as kittens (before 8 weeks) tend to talk more. 🤷🏻‍♀️ The thing I noticed about the bottle babies is they are more likely to look at their human to help if they want something (like the balloon floats out of their reach.) Then they meow if you don’t get it for them. 🤣