Rescue foster supplies

CatmommaFelinelover44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What do I need to buy for a 9 week old kitten?

THE STORY,I have two pigs I am raising for meat...and I am keeping them in my neighbor's barn because I don't have the land for a barn of our own...anyways yesterday,when me and my father went to go feed the pigs,my dad noticed a kitten. I told my mom and she said we should foster it...The kitten does not appear to be sick or injured,they just already have so many cats! they have at least 50-60 in the barn. The kitten appears to be around 9-10 weeks of age,I believe it is this age because it was eating cat food with the rest of the cats. so I decided it was a good idea to foster it and I didnt get it yet,but I am just asking for advice,and please don't tell me just to leave it alone because all the cats in the barn are inbred and not checked by a vet often or at all...so It may not seem sick,but it could hav something in the organs. PLZ.HELP!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is the kitten going to live in the barn or are you going to bring it inside to your home?

If inside your home, you'll need at minimum a litter box, litter, bowls for food and water, food obviously, toys, a carrier to take the kitten to and from the vet. A scratching post is a must. Cat trees are nice but that's something you can get later.

A trip to the vet is still a good idea. Kittens often have worms which needs to be treated. If you intend to keep the kitten as a pet, you'll need to get the kitten vaccinated.