Rescue Feral kittens

tdiving

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

This Tony and Kat Wynne-Roberts and we are the happy owners of 2 feral cats we rescued

16 months ago.

The kittens were 16 weeks old and we were told that they would be a problem at this age.

For those of you who are wondering,these 2 kittens (Shadow and Muse) have turned into the most beautiful cats.

Although they wont let us pick them up,they love to be stroked,are extremely well behaved and play 

all the time(with each other or by themselves)and purr at the drop of a hat.

They are not social to other people but love being in our company.

We have pretty much given them free rein to do as they wish and have never had to scold them for any reason.

For those of you who have been reluctant to get involved with a feral cat--please don't be---they just require patience and love.

We think the best thing we did was to rescue and keep 2 siblings at the same time and that this helped them settle down.

As they are indoor cats,we have just closed in our back porch using bronze insect screen so that

they at least get the feeling of the outdoors---and they love sitting our there pretty much day and night.

If we can be of any help with our experience,please feel free to contact us

All the best

Tony and Kat Wynne-Roberts(ownwd by ex-feral cats--Shadow and Muse

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for posting! It's so good to know that there are people like you out there, who have the compassion and the patience to give these babies a chance. Bless you!

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
What a great story! So happy Shadow and Muse found their way into your home (and hearts!) They are very lucky kitties!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,
This Tony and Kat Wynne-Roberts and we are the happy owners of 2 feral cats we rescued
16 months ago.

The kittens were 16 weeks old and we were told that they would be a problem at this age.
For those of you who are wondering,these 2 kittens (Shadow and Muse) have turned into the most beautiful cats.
Although they wont let us pick them up,they love to be stroked,are extremely well behaved and play 
all the time(with each other or by themselves)and purr at the drop of a hat.
They are not social to other people but love being in our company.
We have pretty much given them free rein to do as they wish and have never had to scold them for any reason.
For those of you who have been reluctant to get involved with a feral cat--please don't be---they just require patience and love.
We think the best thing we did was to rescue and keep 2 siblings at the same time and that this helped them settle down.
As they are indoor cats,we have just closed in our back porch using bronze insect screen so that
they at least get the feeling of the outdoors---and they love sitting our there pretty much day and night.
If we can be of any help with our experience,please feel free to contact us

All the best
Tony and Kat Wynne-Roberts(ownwd by ex-feral cats--Shadow and Muse
photos please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tdiving

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
H1

This is Tony and Kat

Funny enough,we love our kits for coming into our lives--

We never think of how lucky  they are but,rather,how luck we are to have thm

Tony and Kat

merstockgto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We also trapped a "feral" cat on July 7, 2011 in Fl. We took her to our vet to get fixed, checked out and micro chipped.  She had been roaming our neighborhood for over a year and we already had 4 indoor kitties and we didn't think we should get anymore. We started feeding her early 2011 and we put our home up for sale in May of that year and we did not want to leave her behind with a dismal future as a feral. She was about 2 years old when we got her. Sox as we call her was so terrified of humans and we kept her in a half bath we had until we moved in Dec. 2011. While she was in the half bath, I spent a lot of time with her to get her used to us. She traveled with us in one of our 2 cars and did very well traveling to the west. At first when we got out west she would hide under a dresser and keep her distance but now she goes all over the house and gets along so good with our other 4 furry babies. She has a really sweet personality and talks to us and lets us get near her. She does not want us to touch her or pick her up but once in awhile if I get a chance I reach for  her tail or back to touch her and she just scurries a few few feet like no harm no foul. All she needed was a chance to be with a family. We had a neighbor in Fl that would yell at her and chase her away. She trusts my wife and I completely and gets in vunerable positions while laying around and really pays no attention to us as far as fear. I am so glad your 2 ferals are doing well. We are the type of people that nothing is too good for our kitties and would do anything for them. Sox looks like she has forgotten her roots as many times she does not finish her wet food. When she was outdoors she would wolf it down in no time.

tdiving

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi

This is a wonderful story and we hope,an inspiration for anyone who may feel that they want to get involved with feral cats.

We sincerely believe that a little patience and a lot of love will win over any of these creatures.

Thank you so much for sharing

Tony and Kat (owned by ex-feral cats Muse and Shadow)

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

H1

This is Tony and Kat

Funny enough,we love our kits for coming into our lives--

We never think of how lucky  they are but,rather,how luck we are to have thm

Tony and Kat
Thank you so much for all that you do.  The above statement is so true.  I know the cats are lucky to have a loving home, but the humans are just as lucky to experience the love of a feral.  Right now I have 4 ferals outside.  I have 2 indoor cats as well with one being a former feral. 

Thank you for sharing your story and encouragement to others.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feral cats make some of the most loving, affectionate pets out there - even if the affection is on their terms. They never forget where they've come from, and that always comes across in their interactions. I'd never be without mine. I'm lucky to have her.

tdiving

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi

This is Tony and kat---the happy owners of ex -feral cats ,Shadow and Muse

These cats are nearly 2 years old now(we rescued them when they were 4 months old), and are the most beautiful pets.

They are happy and healthy,will do anything to play and are the most well behaved cats we have ever had.

In spite of what people said about taking on 4 month old feral cats,with love and patience ,they are now our super cats.

We can now pet them all the time--purrs are easily available and even kisses are allowed at times--especially Shadow--the black male.

Neither of them will let us pick them up yet--but we are just happy that we have what we have with them.

They are not happy when strangers are around and they normally dive under the nearest bed---ah well we don't like many strangers either--lol.

All in all--they are wonderful pets and we are so lucky to have them

Best regards to all

Tony and Kat

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very similar story with my two ferals,  I know exactly how you feel.  When my 2 yr. old Rascal calls to me for some petting or just wants to rub against me, I remember back to the 6 month old feral who use to attack me, and my heart melts.