Rescue Cat Behaviour

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all,

So my new rescue Audrey is a little shy. When I am at work, according to my mom she never comes out from under the bed.

Jasper my other cat wants to play with her and keeps going in to find her. Now I know it's typical for new cats to hide until they are familear with their surroundings but Audrey dosn's seem interested in exploreing at all.

When I get home from work I go to my room and call for her and she comes out for me. She seems upset that I have left her all day. I know she was in a 2 cat home before she came to me so why is it so hard for her to accept Jasper?

The other thing is that she is an attention *****. Once I am home she can't have my hands on her. She will nuzle under my arms if my hands are occupied and she is a kisser licking my hands and arms extensively.

Unfortunately for me she is also a morning kitty, when the sun comes up so is she, which would be fine if she would leave the room, but she dosn't she sits on the bed licking or softening me until I wake up and then begins the meowing until I pet her to her expectations.

Any help getting her out and socializing or with the morning issues would be appreciated.

presto

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds to me that she really loves you, and the behavior you describe is the envy of many cat owners whose cats are aloof and indifferent. As far as socializing with your other cat; there's nothing you can do about that, and you'll just need to be patient and hope that the two cats work it out in time.

I have a very young rescue female who displays the type of behavior towards me that you're describing. In fact, I affectionately call her, "my little pest!" Yes, she can be a real "pest", but I love her and never scold her or push her away. Next time your new kitty wakes you up, or head-butts you, just be thankful that she does that rather than scratch the furniture, or stop using the litter box!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You do have a point.... I love the face she is affectionate and she is a little pest somtimes. She liked to sit down on the mouse when I am working on my computer LOL.

Living with her pest like ways is way better than the alternative.