Reminder......Tinsel on Christmas trees

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are so many new members on TCS, now is a good time to remind everyone.....If you have a cat in the house, please do not put tinsel on your trees!

It is very dangerous for your kitty to eat this and they will.  It looks like such fun to them!

And while I am at it.....at Easter, No Easter Lillys.  Frankly, I never have any live plants in my house.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great reminder.  Also, poinsettias (sp?) are poisonous too! 

runekeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have heard that mistletoe is also poisonous to kitties, but while researching feline nutritional supplements recently, I found a product called C-Caps, which is some kind of herbal supplement for feline/canine immune system health. It contains mistletoe (and a few other herbs). Not that I'm going to feed my cats any holiday flora, but it makes me wonder: Is mistletoe toxic or non-toxic to pets? Here's the link to the C-Caps page: http://www.nativeremedies.com/petal...kbid&ysmchn=affiliate&ysmcpn=kbid&ysmgrp=6725

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't used tinsel in a long long time because of the cats, I also haven't put ribbons on gifts that go under the tree in years because my cat Sneakers loved to eat that type of ribbons. Sneakers is gone now but I think they other  cats would probably also chew on them so I'll probably still leave off the ribbons. I also make sure if there are any gift bags, that the handles are pulled in such a way that they are not loose, because I've had the cats stick their heads in through the handle of a bag  to look inside, and then get stuck and freak out and run around with the bag stuck on them. It was a small paper bag from a store, but the same thing could happen with a gift bag. Whenever I bring home that type of bag from the store I always break the handles off.

Last edited: