Remembering (and Missing) My Oliver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
here is my Oliver about a week before he was gone. He went downhill fast. He still had that spark in his eyes but he stopped eating and he was in pain with arthritis. He also suffered asthma attacks at least once a day. When he stopped eating, I decided it was time. We are NEVER ready.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
here is my Oliver about a week before he was gone. He went downhill fast. He still had that spark in his eyes but he stopped eating and he was in pain with arthritis. He also suffered asthma attacks at least once a day. When he stopped eating, I decided it was time. We are NEVER ready.
No NEVER ready...But I know when my boy Snowball time comes...I will never be ready..but that doesnt MEAN they aint...But it still hurts...But we dont want them suffering..:hugs::alright::heartshape::grouphug2::catrub::(:angel:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
The bond that we share with our cats (and other pets) is truly a gift that only animal lovers have the privilege to ever experience. When a beloved animal departs this earth, only those that have loved too much can understand the grief.

Overcoming grief takes time. It could take months, even years. Only your heart knows for sure when. Because sometimes, when you think that you have finally got through it, a certain sight or sound, or a smell, will take you back again to the first day of grieving.

Oliver, you were so loved, and still is, by your human. I am sure you know that, as the bond you two have shared transcends beyond the limits of time and space. Rest in eternal peace, sweetie. You will forever be missed.
Amen

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
No NEVER ready...But I know when my boy Snowball time comes...I will never be ready..but that doesnt MEAN they aint...But it still hurts...But we dont want them suffering..:hugs::alright::heartshape::grouphug2::catrub::(:angel:
Deb & I had talked several times about how cool it would be to get an all white cat and name it "Snowball" and you did! But that won't happen with us, we have 9 cats, we are in our upper 50's, they are expensive and they will live for quite a long time we hope but one never knows, so we have decided to stop at 9 and keep it like that; so far, we have held to that except a time or two where we almost broke that pact lol!!!

But you are right, it is so so hard when we lose them and especially ones that we are so so close to. We have lost 6 over the years and each one hurts in it's own way but they all hurt badly....and also like you said it will hurt to lose that special one, like Di & Bob with Chrissy, Antonio with Lola, Gary with Oliver, the other fella whose name escapes me with Lucy and so so many more that I read about on here, I fully understand how we get so darn attached to them....

Last night I was reading on here and thinking about Oliver and Theodore and I shut the computer off and went out to the other room and said to Deb "where is he...where's my Boo Boo?" which I call Sylvester for some reason lol, and I just picked him up and hugged and kissed him, then he went down the basement with me-we keep the door closed but they get down sometimes-and was just walking around snooping and I looked at him from different angles and saw Simon and Sebastian in him, and my heart was just so full of love and I laid on the floor upstairs later with him and "pestered Vester" until he walked away which told me "a little too much Pop, not right now" lol! But this morning he was following ME, and looking at me with that cute face, pushing me for treats, following me around the house until I had to leave for work, and I just think of the love we have for each other as well as all of you with yours and am just so happy with them and so sad at the losses at the same time, but that's life with pets.

Enjoy the time with them when you can, and if they are passed as long as they are in our hearts and minds they are never gone, but yes when he goes, well, I think I might go right with him....or at least most of me will go too, I know it'll happen one day, I know I have gotten so close to him but that is what I chose to do, and hopefully I won't be posting about that day on here for years yet but time will tell, he had a rough first few years of his life but he is fine now, gets vitamins and fish oil and eats good and is loved and gets checked out twice a year when we take him for his haircuts since he gets so matted so so far so good....:clapcat:That's him clapping lol!!!

Much love to all of you and your cats still with us and also those who have crossed over the Bridge.....:rbheart: :grouphug2: :)

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oliver made me fall in LOVE with the Himalayan breed. So much so, that I had to get another. Due to my losing Teddy to my ex when she left (never to see him again) I decided to get one of the same. A seal lynx point Himalayan. Theodore is such a lovely boy.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver made me fall in LOVE with the Himalayan breed. So much so, that I had to get another. Due to my losing Teddy to my ex when she left (never to see him again) I decided to get one of the same. A seal lynx point Himalayan. Theodore is such a lovely boy.
Looks like a wood stove to the left of him? Several of ours LOVE to lay around ours, so much that I sometimes can't get in to reload it!

"Will you PLEASE MOVE???" :D :p

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is the only cat that I have ever had that could curl his whiskers to show how he was feeling. Relaxed here.