Rehoming some cats, and I feel horrible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I have not tried music, but I honestly don't think she'd like it. My house has always been very quiet -- it's just me and the cats, I haven't watched TV in years, and any time I use my computers or listen to music, I use headphones. I bought a TV a few months ago and have slowly been working to get the cats used to the sound, some of them have been pretty perturbed by it!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmm, I have not tried music, but I honestly don't think she'd like it. My house has always been very quiet -- it's just me and the cats, I haven't watched TV in years, and any time I use my computers or listen to music, I use headphones. I bought a TV a few months ago and have slowly been working to get the cats used to the sound, some of them have been pretty perturbed by it!
Oh goodness me :) I understand. Our home is pretty quiet too so our new ones have problems when people come over.

This is one we use a lot! The purring helps to relax them.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
C Cataria : Poor little Treble. Sorry she's been through so much, but glad the shelter agreed to let you take her back home with you. Sounds like she's doing better already.

As for canned foods, maybe something fishy smelling would entice her.

My Ruby has started being picky, and she's currently loving the Fancy Feast Turkey and Giblets, as well as Fancy Feast Turkey Pate Petites. Both have fish listed as an ingredient, and smell "fishy". :fish:

Hope Treble keeps getting better. Keep us updated, please.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thrilled that Treble is back home again! And the idea of kitten food is great. I keep three cans of pate kitten food in Hekitty's first aid box, in case I have to syringe feed her during an illness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m pleased to say Treble is doing fantastically! She’s eating and drinking normally, but also been enjoying the kitten food I’ve been giving her just to be sure.

Yesterday I was super happy to see her and Camo (her mother) stretched out on the couch grooming each other. 💕

Only drama I have been having is the medication. Since Treble is clearly doing better I would like to discontinue all the medications she is on, but one of them is prednisolone which has to be tapered slowly. She is *not* happy about taking it!

Yesterday was the first day I personally had to give it to her and even though I got it in her, she ended up puking up the pills and other other food — not optimal when she is recovering from eating issues. I finally got it back in by flipping her upside down and dropping it to the back of the throat and holding her for awhile, but what a pain! She didn’t puke that time. :/

Of course, I somehow managed to misplace both my pill shooter AND pill crusher, which complicated the whole process. And my pill pockets dried out and wouldn’t keep their shape, but I’m pretty sure she doesn’t like those anyway so I doubt that would work.

Next dose is tomorrow and I have a pill crusher now, so hopefully it will be less of an ordeal for all of us.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
C Cataria 🤞 that it goes well when crushed tomorrow!

Magnus was good about taking it with a Churu tube. Dollop on the finger, pill and then another dollop on top. He sometimes missed on the first few bites but some extra Churu made him gobble it up.