Regarding Amber, John and the baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettyboy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i also would like to thank the mods for leaving this thread open.

i am not here much and i just popped in to check on another thread
and i saw this.

i have been sick about this even though i did not know any of those in question.

i have to admit that i am now still kind of sick and actually do hope that it was all a fake story.

because as horrible as it would be that someone would make all that up, it would still mean that no one lost their life.

thank you again for leaving this thread open.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are phone numbers on the petfinder thread - Are these the same numbers that people (i.e. DixieDarlin) have been calling?

And if not, maybe someone could try them?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Same. Is it wrong to have the police involved, to possibly trace the IP addresses?
Originally Posted by Moz

Anyone have any insights?
Well that has crossed my moms mind, my mom even kept up with how everything was going on here, my mom enjoys this site very much (often she makes me come downstairs and get on my account cause she doesnt have her own) she thinks everyones so nice, and i told her bout the whole amber "passing" and i told her what was told and she was even a littl saddened by it and then today i seen this thread and she was amazed she was a little mad at how people try to get away with this and in a way this chick or her "SO" tried to fake her death online , and i really dont know how police even handle things like this, i was also wondering what were others two cents about that, i just still am in shock that we were all fooled but what are u going to do!!!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is getting more and more pathetic as it goes along.

I still can't believe someone went to this length for whatever reason.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

There are phone numbers on the petfinder thread - Are these the same numbers that people (i.e. DixieDarlin) have been calling?

I checked those numbers and it said it was an unlisted number. Someone should try those out.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in the area and used to live 10 minutes from where I think Amber lives (based on what I found from her petfinder post). Smithville (from myspace) is north of KC and Bageera's location is on the south side. The rescue group that posted it is a few mintues north of where Amber posted from. Someone from Smithville is not going to work with a rescue group on the south side of town.

I know most of the rescue groups in this area and I'm concerned about fraud against them. If anyone knows of something that they don't want to post in open forum, please PM me. I have the need to protect that rescue groups in this area. Unfortunately I don't know about the one she is working thru.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I'm confused too, if it's a hoax, and she never died (or so people have said), and never had a baby.. it's too weird.

ETA: What if Amber really exists and John is someone she made up? This thing infuriates me.
I wish whoever is responsible for this would just tell us the TRUTH!
Here's my hunch: Amber is real, she probably really lives in KC, and she's probably like 13 or 14 or 15 and is going through that early-teen identity crisis thing and was having fun coming up with this alternate identity. Maybe she knew people with the names she gave us, maybe she didn't. Maybe her animals were family pets. As someone in that age group, she is exposed to a lot of drama (think Dawson's Creek or Laguna Beach or Degrassi) and wanted to involve herself in that. She's not sick or deranged, she's just young and bored and doesn't know any better.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Well that has crossed my moms mind, my mom even kept up with how everything was going on here, my mom enjoys this site very much (often she makes me come downstairs and get on my account cause she doesnt have her own) she thinks everyones so nice, and i told her bout the whole amber "passing" and i told her what was told and she was even a littl saddened by it and then today i seen this thread and she was amazed she was a little mad at how people try to get away with this and in a way this chick or her "SO" tried to fake her death online , and i really dont know how police even handle things like this, i was also wondering what were others two cents about that, i just still am in shock that we were all fooled but what are u going to do!!!
Well he could've scammed us for money.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we have established that 'Amber' is still alive since 'Amber' answered the phone. I think we have established that this is all a hoax for whatever reason they had.

This thread has remained open to allow others to read this. I think its time to put an end to the 'investigations'.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Well he could've scammed us for money.
Ya i am just happy that at least some animals got some things over this and shelters and everything, and thank goodness that people investigated before people got pulled into this hoax further!!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I found this on AOL members list:

She's not online right now though.
I don't have AOL so I couldn't view the page. Does it say when she was last signed on?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Dan, we know she is alive and without her coming back online and telling us why she did it, we will probably never know. I doubt she is going to have a page somewhere else explaining why, so it is probably best for us to but this behind us and be glad we all found out before it was too late and a fund or something was set up.
I think the many posts, including the kitten one just add to the proof that she is alive and well, and while I understand that people need closure, I don't think we will ever get it

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Originally Posted by Moz

I checked those numbers and it said it was an unlisted number. Someone should try those out.
I have the two numbers.. and I don't think anyone else should call them. It could get to the point of harrassment..
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I live in the area and used to live 10 minutes from where I think Amber lives (based on what I found from her petfinder post). Smithville (from myspace) is north of KC and Bageera's location is on the south side. The rescue group that posted it is a few mintues north of where Amber posted from. Someone from Smithville is not going to work with a rescue group on the south side of town.

I know most of the rescue groups in this area and I'm concerned about fraud against them. If anyone knows of something that they don't want to post in open forum, please PM me. I have the need to protect that rescue groups in this area. Unfortunately I don't know about the one she is working thru.
She lives IN kansas city...
Originally Posted by huggles

I think we have established that 'Amber' is still alive since 'Amber' answered the phone. I think we have established that this is all a hoax for whatever reason they had.

This thread has remained open to allow others to read this. I think its time to put an end to the 'investigations'.
I agree Danielle

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to tell you about an incident that happened on my Paul Stanley message board a few years ago. Three very evil people joined the board, under false names. They were actually members of the board under user names that everyone knew. Another one of the members of my board is a little slow. She's intelligent but very childlike, very sweet and very trusting. I kind of always think of her as an intelligent Forrest Gump type of person. But no matter how you describe her, she's a gentle sweet trusting person with a heart of gold.

Anyway these 3 evil members decided to convince everyone on my message board, that one of them was Paul Stanley himself, and the others were his friends. THEY WERE GOOD, they even had me convinced at first, but as far as the sweet slow girl, I'll call her Ms Anime, they had her totally believing that she was talking to Paul. She shared many personal things with them in PM's, and before you know it they had her making copies of video's and sending them to them, and in guise of Paul said they'd send her things, as well. Little Ms Anime spent lots of time and money making these things for who she thought was Paul, and the entire time they sweet talked her into believing that Paul (they) wanted to meet her. I started checking IP#'s and putting 2 and 2 together and I discovered who they were. I felt the only thing I could do was break the news to little Ms Anime, and let her know she was being duped, and that she was NOT talking to Paul. She told me she had been sending gifts to him in his 3 different addresses, in West Virginia, Florida, and in Orange County here in California. I knew Paul's address and I assured her that none of those addresses were his, but were in fact the different addresses of these 3 members on the board, under their real user names. Little ms Anime was devistated, she felt like a fool. It was probably harder on her than most people, because of her childlike condition.

After I told Ms Anime the truth. I went on the board and busted them all, for the world to see, and then banned them all.

So you see things like this happen everywhere. I don't know what makes people like this tick. I think it's just pure evil.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

And one last comment to those who want the thread closed. Remember not everyone can spend the whole day on-line. You may be sick of it but I just saw this tonight and have spent the last 1/2 hour reading through. Thank you mods for leaving it open long enough for us late comers to be able to comment.
Same. You made the thread yesterday and ive got to read 28 pages because im in oz and everyone chats when im asleep.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am just gonna go to bed, and I am gonna say a prayer that God's will be done in this matter.

I just don't know what to think any more. So I am just gonna give it to God and let him handle it.

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

I completely agree with this.

I've been following this all day. While I did not know Amber, or John for that matter, I'm sorry that so many people were frauded by these "two" people. It's sad because they had to involve a child, and it takes a very cold person not to have a soft-spot for children. Having been a previous "internet fraud" victim, if you will, it's hard to let something like this go. All the if's, and's, or but's in the world isn't going to change the fact that this does appear to boil down to a hoax. I feel even more sorry for those that have lost a little faith in their fellow man. I hope everyone can find a way to recover from this, and know that not everyone is out to hurt someone.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree as well. I think Alycia has made it clear that Amber is still alive (although from here on out, I think I will be calling Alycia "Cruise Ship Rina"
). I realize that there is curiosity about what the real story is, and anger over the deception. The thing is, we're probably never going to know. We'll certainly never be able to understand it since it would never occur to most of us to do such a thing. I'm sure that whatever "searches" are going on now were already conducted. I would very much advise against calling either of those numbers. Like Cruise Ship Rina said, it could be construed as harassment.

And Hope, what those three people did to that girl was horrible. It was like the mean girls in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.