Reduced appetite

Kakashi882

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! It’s me again, paranoid cat mom 😅

So we got the diarrhea situation under control. His follow up visit was yesterday. Before we left, i notice he hadn’t eaten all that was in his food bowl from the night before (i feed him once in the am and once in the pm). I asked my fiancé if he had eaten any because I wasn’t home when he was fed. Usually he cleans his bowl. He said he ate some. He ate a few bites that morning— i even traded the old for fresh kibbles and mixed it with wet food. We went to the vet— they said his color looks great, he has gained a half a pound, he is a healthy boy. Last night, he nibbled a little but didn’t eat all his food like he usually does. Same thing this morning. Nibbled but did not clean his bowl. Am i being overly dramatic? Is this normal?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be that he is a bit fed up of the food. Can you try him on something different, a different brand or flavour. Do you feed wet or dry? Also try some cooked chicken or a little tuna to see if he will eat that.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Did you mention it to the vet to see what they thought? I saw your previous thread, and it could be that he does not really like the Purina EN food that the vet recommended. For some reason, a lot of these prescription foods are not liked by cats, or they lose their favor with cats very quickly.

Is he eating the dry version, the wet version, or both? If only one, you might try the other. You could also ask if there is another brand the vet could have you try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kakashi882

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He’s on the prescription dry food. The vet said he didn’t need to stay on it as long as he tolerated the gentle formula food again. I feed him a little of wet food, they told me not too much especially while he was having loose stools.