Redness/blood In My Kitten’s Ear?

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you look in her left ear, can see red spots on the tip of her ear! It’s definitely on the inside, so not a rash or skin issue. I just noticed it this morning. Should I be worried? It looks almost like the blood vessel popped.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure, it looks odd. Im always a worry wart about odd, or new things with my cats. Most likely it is nothing, but i would still have her check by the vet. maybe even send the photo to your vet and see what they say? She is a cute little girl :)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure, it looks odd. Im always a worry wart about odd, or new things with my cats. Most likely it is nothing, but i would still have her check by the vet. maybe even send the photo to your vet and see what they say? She is a cute little girl :)
Indeed she is - utterly adorable!

I have something similar on my left wrist. In my case it's just a spot where a capillary is very close to the surface of the skin and a bit of blood pools there. It's never given me any trouble.

I agree that if you're worried you should ask your vet (that's pretty much our mantra on TCS) but I strongly suspect that it's nothing to worry about.

Margret

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - one more vote for a vet check - or at the least send in this photo and talk with a vet. Also, is that a crust around her nose, or her natural coloring?
What a dollbaby!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She’s a foster kitten so the vet isn’t readily available, but the shelter vet tech told me it’s just some bruising and is nothing to worry about! It’s already started to fade. Thank you all for responding!

The black around her nose is just nose freckles! And the brown above it is food-she’s a messy eater lol!