Red Wounds On Head?

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my poor boy has had a rough week, first he got hospitalized and we found out he has IBD and then I noticed these red spots on his head. I put a cream on it that the vet recommended so it’s more pronounce but what is this? I’m waiting on a call back from the vet to discuss it and I’ll take him in tomorrow but man poor guy can’t catch a break.

One of the spots I felt a bump the other spots I didn’t feel a bump just the redness. I have dogs that play with him but never ever had this happened and I really don’t think it’s from the dogs as I’m always supervising their interactions with the cats.

Attachments

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering he was stressed recently, I think it could be a stress-related something skin issue. If you recently changed the food or if he got a different food at the clinic, it could be food allergy too.

Fungus like ringworm or a parasite is a possibility too. Maybe he caught it at the vet office.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link! I spoke with the vet lastnight and he said he has IBD but it’s very mild. He said to keep him on the antacid medication for five more days and see how he does, that he should be ok but if not we will switch his food. Also I found the little stinker eating large breed puppy food lastnight! I had it in a box in the garage and he somehow got his head in their and was eating some and now I wonder if he has been doing this before and that’s why he is having these issues. I sealed up the box really well so he can’t get in there anymore. Lol

The vet seems to think the red spots and bumps are dermatitis and to apply the cream I have twice a day, if it doesn’t get better in a week to bring him in.