Red thing on kitten anus

Kaliaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t know what this is but I just noticed it on my cat today, usually it looks normal but it looks red today my cat is an outdoor cat, she uses the bathroom outside and she recently ate a bird (assuming that has something to do with this) is there any clue on what this may be?
IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0899.jpeg
IMG_0900.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd say it looks mainly just irritated. Possibly by having passed pieces of the birds bones or other causes. I wouldn't necessarily worry unless it gets worse or doesn't go away within a few days. Look out very well for anything that looks like small eggs or larva though! Those can go inside a cat's anus and do some serious damage. But you would usually see little worms then so that's something you can visibly observe over the next few days

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with the above poster that it just appears to be a little inflamed and should clear up on it's own. But do keep an eye on it. One thing though, Bird Flu is running rampant in certain areas at the moment, so if possible, try to keep your cat from eating birds. I know, I know, easier said than done, unless you either keep him on a lead when outside or keep him inside. BUT, Bird Flu can be transmitted to cats, so just keep that in mind if he starts acting sick