Red bumps on cat's skin

molang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. My cat has several spots like this on his body. They occured overnight. Does this look like ringworm? Could it be cat fight abscess? He is an indoor only cat, but has a sister and they often fight.

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We can't diagnose here and it could be just about anything.
A vet should look at that. I would not do home remedies for something so angry looking that came on that fast.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a wound to me, could be a small abscess that has burst. if it has burst there is not much the vet can do but give antibiotics to prevent secondary infections. The best thing of course is to bring him to the vet. you can get a wound spray at a farm supply store like Tractor Supply that may help with the healing, if the spray sound bothers him soak a cotton ball with it and apply. If she is leaving that kind of wounds, that is more than playing, they may need to be separated when they can't be supervised, she is actually fighting. He may instigate it, but there is no reason to actually leave wounds like that. You could get a kickeroo on Amazon and through it towards whoever is stalking to distract them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

molang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like a wound to me, could be a small abscess that has burst. if it has burst there is not much the vet can do but give antibiotics to prevent secondary infections. The best thing of course is to bring him to the vet. you can get a wound spray at a farm supply store like Tractor Supply that may help with the healing, if the spray sound bothers him soak a cotton ball with it and apply. If she is leaving that kind of wounds, that is more than playing, they may need to be separated when they can't be supervised, she is actually fighting. He may instigate it, but there is no reason to actually leave wounds like that. You could get a kickeroo on Amazon and through it towards whoever is stalking to distract them.
Thank you so much. I separated them. I caught his sister jumping on him several times and the other day I heard them screaming and fighting. Yesterday he had some blood as well. Thanks again

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also, check her nails to see if they should be trimmed. If this is a recent issue, start paying closer attention to what is going on around the time she fights with him. Outside cats/animals she can hear/smell/sense, or other out of the ordinary occurrences that are somehow setting her off. One of them could be ill (can cause aggression in either the sick one or the one who senses an illness in another cat). They may play fight, but something has escalated for her to be doing damage to her brother.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

molang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, check her nails to see if they should be trimmed. If this is a recent issue, start paying closer attention to what is going on around the time she fights with him. Outside cats/animals she can hear/smell/sense, or other out of the ordinary occurrences that are somehow setting her off. One of them could be ill (can cause aggression in either the sick one or the one who senses an illness in another cat). They may play fight, but something has escalated for her to be doing damage to her brother.
Thank you. I separated them and trimmed her nails yesterday. They used to play rough in the past, but recently he injured his lower back and is on prednisolone. She attacks him either when she sees another cat through the window (redirected aggression), either when she is bothered and wants to play. She is also prone to kneading, she lays on top of him when he is sleeping and I guess she might be kneading me. She does the same thing to me and I sometimes find small bumps on my legs too. I will watch the bumps closely in the coming days and if they change in size or there are new ones I will take him to the vet. I was concerned they could be tumors, but I think they are wounds because some of them are crusty, some have red marks and matted hairs and some turned yellowish and look filled with pus. My cats doesn't seem bothered by them and doesn't lick them. I put some antibiotic cream on them and hopefully they will get better soon.