Recovery

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat was diagnosed with ear infection around three weeks ago and treated with Aurimic Ear drops with success. But this caused some skin dermatitis and a further infection around his ear. So he received dexamethasone shot and then a week after the antibiotics injection, Convenia (long lasting antibiotic) and Loxicom injection and then daily loxicom for one week, just completed two days ago.

He seems to be ok, but sleeping a lot... although playful as well...
I have also noticed that his urination patten has changed a bit and he goes less often...

I wonder how long is the recovery, and if I can support him in any way?

He was prescribed Nutrocoat, but he does not really like it.
I also bought some probiotics, Nutraflora, but have not started it yet...

He still scratches his left ear, but not as bad and often as before... perhaps it is still a bit itchy, but looks healthy otherwise...
I still suspect he may have some polyp, but don't really want to expose him for yet another sedation and examination...As he had blood test done under sedation around two months ago...
So I think I need to assist him in recovery...

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some quality wet food with some extra water added. I usually like to feed kitten wet food when they are sick. Mother and Babycat is a very digestible one.

Keep his water intake up with the wet food and adding water always helps to support when sick and when on medication.