Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Recommendations For Handheld Vacuum

Discussion in 'Grooming & General Cat Care' started by vervainandrue, Sep 9, 2019.

1. vervainandrue

vervainandrue Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Aug 28, 2016
    Boston, MA
    Hi all,

I have a house full of cats (I foster), and I need to replace my crappy handheld cordless vacuum cleaner. I was wondering if anyone can recommend one. Reviews often talk about how good handhelds are with picking up pet hair, but they never mention the main thing I use it for--stray litter. I've had some upright vacuums that spit litter right back out in the exhaust, and my previous handheld let the clumpable litter dribble out of the vacuum when it was turned off. I'm looking for a 20v, cordless handheld with decent run time after charging. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. daftcat75

daftcat75 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 7, 2018
    This is 14v but I find it powerful enough for litter and dried wet food crumbs.

BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum, Purple

Docs Mom purraised this.

3. Docs Mom

Docs Mom TCS Member Alpha Cat

Dec 13, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    I second the Bissell Pet Hair eraser... The newer ones seem to have solved the charging problem.
    And, you can order new filter cups from Amazon. It's like a whole new machine with a new filter.

Gets my vote and I have tried them ALL

4. bitkit

bitkit TCS Member Young Cat

Aug 7, 2019
    I get the ones with the replaceable batteries that match my cordless tool set.

5. vervainandrue

vervainandrue Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Aug 28, 2016
    Boston, MA
    Thanks everyone!

6. maggie101

maggie101 3 cats Top Cat

Apr 20, 2014
    Houston,TX
    Minds a shark hand held. I love it for vacuuming up litter and fur. On my cat trees I use a squeegee then the shark

artiemom purraised this.

7. sargon

sargon High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey. Alpha Cat

Sep 22, 2016
    St. Louis Metro Area
    Yeah. I use a Black and Decker Max 20 volt hand vac, myself. It works great.