Recommendations for a battery operated automated feeder?

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
I might need something like this for a colony of mine. I won’t have access to outlets, so it needs to be able to run on battery.

I’ll be placing it in a storage tote to protect it from weather.

Most of what I’m finding is outlet only, so if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it!

Thank you!

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you looking for timed feeders, or just automated? If all you need is automated then a gravity feeder may be good enough.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my favorite. I bought a few different feeders when I was deciding which to go with. I found that some were easily defeated while the rotating ones would rotate away uneaten food to sit inside the feeder where it does no-one any good. Perhaps best for you is how affordable these are.

Pet Supplies : WOPET Automatic Cat Feeder, Pet Feeder for Dogs and Cats with Ice Pack Included - 2 Meals : Amazon.com

You don't have to deploy them in pairs. There are removable plastic connectors. On the other hand, you could chain a number of these together if that's your preference.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…speaking of which, I just reordered my Cat Mate feeder, thinking I had broken it by washing it…but now suspect the eater. The new one ALso no longer seems to align with the cover, revealing a portion of the meal to come. HmMmmmm…is this thing truly broken by my sneaky midnight thief? 🐾

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go with the clamshells. They are easier to decide how many and when to deploy them. And they are much tougher for a cat to defeat. The one I posted earlier is no longer available. But this looks reasonably similar.

PAWISE Automatic Pet Feeder for Dogs and Cats, Food Dispenser Station with Timer, 100% BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Great Gift Ideas https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FT93YM2/?tag=thecatsite