Recommend sturdy aerial toys?

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my cats one of those Jackson Galaxy aerial play toys for Christmas and they LOVE it. Love it so much, in fact, that they're well on their way to destroying the feathers. I try to keep them from getting too many "catches" while we play but Millie in particular is really fast and always gets it eventually.

One thing I've wondered about is just replacing the feathers as they fall off. My friends have a duck they keep as a pet that lives mostly indoors, and as such is clean and free of parasites. I could get feathers from them. Maybe my cats would like the smell.

Has anybody found a toy that simulates a bird that can stand up to a rough play session or two? Mine like to drag their prey around after they've caught it, show it off, and then hide/bury it in something, so a toy that could stand a little abuse would be good.

justlexi93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I usually purchase cat toys and accessories from an online shop called Petstreetmall. My fur babies love playing with the Frolicat Bolt Interactive Toy and those mice wands.

The suggestion from Neely is currently on sale, you can purchase it if you want.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Real feathers aren’t super sturdy unfortunately, so if that’s the part your cat really likes it might be hard to find a great alternative. I’ve tried a bunch since my cat loves Da Birds, but I haven’t had much luck. Instead I just buy bulk packs of da bird refills, and I let him catch it and take it back to his little spot when we’re playing, but I don’t let him sit there and chew on it. They last a lot longer now.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't simulate a bird, but I found years ago that if I cut a piece of denim maybe 3 inches by 1 inch and tied it in the middle it made a plausible and durable moth which my cat just loved to chase and play with. It works best if you tie the string to the end of a rod; there's no need to hem the denim because a bit of fraying just makes it a better moth.

Here are some other options you may want to consider:
Margret