Recieved a letter from the Discover Channel RE: Max's Case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

Seems like we're growing so fast that there's still many members here that haven't met Max Justice4Max

Nena had metioned a show that the Discover Channel has on called "Busted". It's about abuse cases where the Discovery Channel investigates and helps convicts the perpetrators of the crimes committed. Well, she sent me the information on how to contact them since I don't watch TV much. Naturally, I sent them a letter and gave them the URL to Max's website. I sent that out a couple of weeks ago and haven't even thought much of it other than I prayed on it a few times. Well,....I received a letter back from them today! I'm so stoked! I really don't know if they're going to do a story on him. I pray to God they do. I'm sure you would if you read Max's story. Anyway, the producers will be reviewing his case and they said they'd definitely be in touch...say a prayer pleeeeeease...you guys have been sending those positive thoughts out there and I know that they've been answered. (ie..Opie and Cary both are doing great!)

I'll keep ya posted on this one...It really could be a blessing for Denice and poor Max.

Thanks Nena!

Love & Peace,
Cat

G

ghostuser

Oh Catarina that is wonderful news. And I will pray that they help with Max's case!!!

Meme

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Meme :angel2:

Thanks! I know you're such a great supporter of Max!

Love your guts! HAHA

Cat

Lorie, :angel2:

I'm sorry, I know it's so sad, but, maybe this show will help us! I sure do hope so...it's been a long road!

Love ya,
Cat

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny how it's great news to only some people on this site...thanks for your support, Deb.

Love,
Cat

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting!
Please let us know if and when they do the story...oh yeah, like you Wouldn't! :tounge2:

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooo Cat!!! thats GREAT!!!! Yipeee!! - Like Cleo said - make sure you let us know what happens!!

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cat,

Thanks for this. I wasn't aware.

Bless you and your efforts (and everyone else's efforts).

Bill

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi'ya you guys...sorry for being a bit down and out there. I guess this has been a long road for Max and I was hoping this news would bring much "happiness" to this site...Max has been one of this site's most "in your face" so to be speak abuse cases. Very sad and there were a few people on the site involved at one time. But nevertheless; I guess Rhea and Bill, you are probably not aware of Max's fate...it was awful. I with another person designed a new website for Max, it's much more consolidated and it's very peaceful place to visit.Justice4Max

I felt that this was "MAX'S" homebase!
He needs all the support he can get and this is The CatSite..one of the best cat sites on the net.
I really thought he had a lot of support here. I guess I find it disappointing when there's more posts to trifling matters than one of this magitude. Not pointing fingers, but jeeeez, if it were anyone else's cat on here, I'll be damned if I wouldn't be behind that members support group. I am really happy for Denice (his Mommy) and I really pray that this show will bring this story to the public eye. Frankly any abuse case in the public eye will help Max's case to some degree, but certainly not like the exposure this would give him.

Thanks again for your support! I'm sure he's happy no matter what.

Love & Peace,
Cat

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hiya hun ...only me!!
I had read through Max's awful ordeal before, and it is truly sickening, and disturbing....poor little guy, I never found out though what happened at the court cases? - Did the scum who did it get what he deserves?!!
You're doing a really great job here Cat, and Im sure that Max and everyone else really appreciates it!! Good for you!!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

oooo
Rhea, you're a love, but truly don't thank me, this is only something I think if we all had the extra time would do, I hope you didn't feel like I need some type of kudos...that is certainly not the case...

Now that you mention Max, his case will be heard in January. I bought a ticket already (when the price was right) for California and will be there with Denice and pray this guy gets the axe. Honestly, I don't know that I've ever been so disgusted with people since 9/11, but anytime I get another email for assistance to help with an abuse case, it just never ceases to amaze me that there's people like this that actually exist in this world. Ya know what I'm sayin? Just really, really sickening. But enough of that. I'll always keep ya posted hon...until the bitter end!

Love ya,
Cat

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat- The show Busted is on Animal Planet, not Discovery. But I am glad everything is turning out well. I also hope this THING(he is not a man nor a beast so I have to call him THING.)gets what he deserves!!!!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nena,
The Discovery Channel hosts Animal Planet! :laughing2 So, this did get to the right people.

Thanks again!
Cat

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat, did you write to the producers or did you email them? I want to ask them if they can dedicate one day a week to cats. Or a special day for cats. I am sure if we all got together, we can write to them and tell them to show a cats' only day. Planets Funniest Cats, Amazing Cat videos, Emergency Vets that helps cats, a movie about a cat, or other things. Big cats can be included in the lineup. Maybe create a Breed all about it. One for dogs and the other for cats. I am trying to learn about all the breeds. I know more about dog breeds than I do about cats.

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Catarina, wasn't Max's case supposed to go to court Sept 18th? I assume the date was pushed back again. Will it ever go to court? I hope that the Discovery Channel picks this one up. It would give this case the boost it needs. Is there anything we can do, like maybe writing to Discovery about the case also? If they get enough emails about it maybe they'll do a story?

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! You're the BEST!!!! Thanks for asking...I'm so happy!!! Yes, please by all means...if you would like to that'd be awesome...

Here's the address! I should post a Thread too!

Viewer's Relations
Attn: ANIMAL PLANET
P.O. Box 665
Florence, Kentucky 41022

His case will be heard in January...Denice had major surgery on her neck so, the case had to wait. We need all the support we can get. Your suggestion is the shot in the arm that I needed for this site. Thanks for your support!

Love & Peace,
Catarina

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi Everyone

Caycee gave me a really great idea from another thread. Many of you know who Max Baltrons is and then again, we have many new members that don't.

Max was murdered by a Juvenile Probation Officer (yes, someone that councils wayward teens, and he's still working!) from Sacramento, California. Max's case will be heard in January.

If you have some time it would be great if you could drop a note to Animal Planet. I have already contacted them and they said that they'd review his case. Caycee suggested that if I asked you guys maybe they would see that many people know of Max and his horrible fate, perhaps that would help them decide to air the show (it couldn't hurt)
So, maybe we can all make a difference.
Here's the address:

Viewer's Relations
Attn: ANIMAL PLANET
P.O. Box 665
Florence, Kentucky 41022

It was really wonderful to get some mail from them just knowing that they'd look into it. Max's website:
Justice4Max

Thanks

Love & Peace,
Cat

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I see how well that Thread went over.

shawna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm new here to these forums and I just finished reading Max's story at the Justice4Max site (thanks Catarina). I'm in Canada, so I doubt my letters to California local officials will do much good, but I'll try to get an e-mail off to one or two of the contacts listed at the site.

This kind of behaviour sickens me. Recently here there was a rash of cat-killings by teenagers, too unspeakably gruesome to even think about, but fortunately the story was picked up by a local newspaper (that's where I read about it). I think an international awareness page should be set up (if there isn't something like that already?)and cruelty to animals legislation has to be strengthened and enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.