Recently adopted persian kitten, how would you describe her?

beado1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

I've recently decided to adopt a cat in hope that my younger sisters will enjoy playing and taking care of her and not spend so much time on their phones or watching TV. The first weeks been wonderful and we're getting used to her company and seeing her friendly welcoming face once I get back from work. The thing is I don't know anything about breeds and I'd love to read what you guys have to say about her.. breed, age, colour, is she pure or not, anything really would be helpful!

I was told that Rose is a 3 months old persian, but nothing specific.

Here are a few pics of her.

What do you think?

Thanks.

pippa anderson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm no expert on cat breeds but her face doesn't look flat enough to be a Persian, I don't know though I might be wrong. She's beautiful though! ;)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, she's beautiful. I'm no expert, but I don't think her face is flat enough for a Persian. She could be a Doll-Faced Persian, sometimes called a Chinchilla. Unless you have papers from a breeder to say she is pure bred she will just be classed as a Domestic Long Hair, but that doesn't matter unless you are planning to show her.

Enjoy your new kitten.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First, I'd describe her as adorable.
     Her coat is beautiful and she has a very sweet face. 

I agree with @Norachan  - if she's Persian, she looks more like a doll faced one. I have 2 of them and they are so great. So sweet and loving but very sassy and they are divas to the core. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beado1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree her face is not as flat as modern Persian. I am not planning to show her or anything just would like to have her around, possibly breeding if she's doll-face with no health issues.
Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with all others, no modern persian, but surely some sort of old type persian, call it for doll face, chinchilla or something.   But yes, I think in her style she may even be purebred.

The only question is, if she is a doll face, bred by perhaps a BYB breeder, because its easier than the modern persians.  Or even a breeder who has access to the old stock, when all persians were of the old type... 

OR if she is some sort of chinchilla as Norachan mentioned, which is a recognized bi-variation.   

The coloration seems peculiar, but its a blue-creme tortoiseshell "tortie".  Possibly with a twist of tabby in there - if you see the revealing M on her forebrow, so she is.  Which would make her into a blue creme torbie instead.
I agree her face is not as flat as modern Persian. I am not planning to show her or anything just would like to have her around, possibly breeding if she's doll-face with no health issues.
Thanks
I myself wouldnt not recommend to breeding. You would produce more moggies, as you dont have papers on her, even if they were of doll face persian type.  -  And this demands of course as absolute minimum, you do have suitable healthy male whom too is old type persian...

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with Stefan. It is really hard to know exactly what you will get when you breed a cat whose family history you are unsure of. Even if you do have a pure bred Persian male there is no guarantee that you will get long haired, Persian kittens. I think @posiepurrs  will be able to tell you exactly how difficult breeding is. 

If you are in a position to give a home to more kittens, far better to adopt some more needy cats from a shelter

beado1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks StefanZ, Norachan and kat0121.

It's clear to me now that breeding this cat might not be a good idea, don't want to add to the population if that won't be rewarding.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat , she does look like the old type Persian that I've seen in pictures.

She as the chunky Persian build I see in my friends Persian cats.

I agree get her spayed , she looks to me like a total one off , simply stunning

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chinchilla Silver Shaded Persian...Just not the extreme Persian face.. My two are on my Avator pic..

Last edited:

beado1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Merlin2000
gardenandcats yours are stunning, I just came from the vet and he showed how she would look like when she's older, very similar to yours.